Make a donation

Author Topic: Info required from anyone with an intercooler, HPFP, and boost gauge fitted  (Read 3889 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
mine sits at 22-24, i have i/c, twintake, forge dv, tbe.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
someone may correct me, but from my understanding the ability to draw a vaccuum to a maximum value
would defintely not be influenced by HPFP (it just delivers fuel and has nothing to do with the intake tract)
and prob not an I/C directly....

but if your idle speed/engine parameters have changed, your 'closed throttle' variables may have changed improving the vaccuum
other considerations are that adding parts has sealed something that previously had a minor leak

evening having air con on/off effects the value...

you say 'was' reading from DV, have you now changed where the boost signal is coming from?
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
I haven't changed where my vacuum pressure is being read from...the DEFI gauge is connected at the same place.

What I was trying to determine was whether the increase in vacuum pressure was something to get concerned over, or if it was a positive effect influenced by the intercooler.  I suspect with an upgraded intercooler with it's increased mass/air flow, etc. this has caused my previous value of 20 to change to 22-24.

I can't remember where, but somewhere on this forum, it was suggested that if vacuum pressure was to increase from 20 then there could be a potential problem....hence the question to see if the change was expected/normal after the addition of a intercooler and HPFP.

By the sounds of it...looks like my car is behaving normally if the consensus is that the readings are in the region of 22-24.