Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG Lurch and Dealers  (Read 11351 times)

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Re: DSG Lurch and Dealers
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 05:52:42 pm »
Mines finally booked in for the 'jerk' to be looked at in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed they find the fault...
Car drives fine when cold but as soon as it gets hot (heavy traffic is the worst) then it will not pull away smoothly at a normal pace, goes fine if you boot it away from a standstill but normal stuff just gives the impression you passed your test 1/2 hour ago  :ashamed:
Worst case scenario is reversing up an incline, jerky and head banging at best, at worst the car wont move for a second or 2 then takes off like a stabbed rat, makes life interesting at times..  :laugh:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline chip20

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 8
    • http://absolutevaletinguk.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 08:26:45 pm »
Hi.Been having a bit of trouble with my DSG.Struggles In reverse Getting up a slight incline on my drive! Have to give it major revs
before it does anything! Also when you put your foot down seems to make a lot of noise before it does anything reminds me of the kick down on an old astra auto i once owned! Is this normal?

Offline timmer

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 09:59:11 pm »
Hi.Been having a bit of trouble with my DSG.Struggles In reverse Getting up a slight incline on my drive! Have to give it major revs
before it does anything!

Was it cold when it did this as mine did that once? Admittedly it was in the snow and i kinda put it down to lack of traction. I'm not so sure it was now...pulling away when DSG is cold does seem to take extra revs too.

Offline chip20

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 8
    • http://absolutevaletinguk.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 10:38:44 pm »
Yes when cold.Maybe it,s just the beauty of the beast!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:24 am »
These little issues are probably just the gearbox being fair to manuals stop them feeling completely inferior  :P

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline docker1996

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 11:28:18 pm »
How do you know its mechatronic or the oil that needs changing?

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 11:32:19 pm »
My car has only done 25k it has broken down 3 times since December with the same gearbox fault every time. You either cannot get out of park or you put in drive and the engine revs like it is in neutral. In both cases the gear display on the MFC just flashes continuously and you cannot get the key out. The VW dealer has just fitted a new gearbox control unit. The first time the fault had vanished by the time it was recovered to the dealer and they said it was because the battery was low. No engine management light was on. The second time the car again cured itself by the time it got to the dealer but engine management light was on. This time they changed the gear stick assy. which they had just changed because the gearstick gaiter was broken. The third time again the car cured itself by the time it got to the dealer but engine management light was on and this time they changed the gearbox control unit. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Luckily the car was under a VW extended warranty.
 Do you think they would have had to change the gearbox oil change when they changed the control unit?

They should have given you a job sheet or you can request one, this will tell you if they changed the oil.  :happy2:

If you have had the Mechatronics unit changed then they would have also changed the gearbox oil at the same time. I also questioned this when my unit was swapped out. The oil got drained off before they removed the unit. HTH :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Robert74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 09:08:20 pm »
My car has only done 25k it has broken down 3 times since December with the same gearbox fault every time. You either cannot get out of park or you put in drive and the engine revs like it is in neutral. In both cases the gear display on the MFC just flashes continuously and you cannot get the key out. The VW dealer has just fitted a new gearbox control unit. The first time the fault had vanished by the time it was recovered to the dealer and they said it was because the battery was low. No engine management light was on. The second time the car again cured itself by the time it got to the dealer but engine management light was on. This time they changed the gear stick assy. which they had just changed because the gearstick gaiter was broken. The third time again the car cured itself by the time it got to the dealer but engine management light was on and this time they changed the gearbox control unit. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Luckily the car was under a VW extended warranty.
 Do you think they would have had to change the gearbox oil change when they changed the control unit?

They should have given you a job sheet or you can request one, this will tell you if they changed the oil.  :happy2:

If you have had the Mechatronics unit changed then they would have also changed the gearbox oil at the same time. I also questioned this when my unit was swapped out. The oil got drained off before they removed the unit. HTH :happy2:

I did ask the dealer and they said it was not changed. They were not keen and giving specific information.
2006 GTI 5 door DSG