Make a donation

Author Topic: Performance issues...resolved!  (Read 10094 times)

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
Re: Engine cover woes....
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:50 pm »
I assume you have an edition 30 ?
Given what youve described, I would be checking to see if you have uploaded the new map.
Sounds like you may have reloaded stock ..
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 07:29:51 pm »
I assume you have an edition 30 ?
Given what youve described, I would be checking to see if you have uploaded the new map.
Sounds like you may have reloaded stock ..

Its just the normal GTi mate, not the ED30. I checked the bluefin device at the time and it defo said it had installed it.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 12:19:49 pm »
Tried to get on a rolling road today but when I rang the local place they said they no longer had it so its not been possible. I have driven the car a bit more today on normal roads and was initially still unimpressed but then all off a sudden it seemed to have more UMPH and was pulling well right through the revs. It did that for a while and then stopped again, only really pulling up to around 4500rpm. It did the same again later on and I remember the same thing at one point when I first fitted the Bluefin. Its flat as a fart after about 4500rpm but when it changed you could definitely feel a huge difference.

Having zero technical knowledge does this sound like a likely side effect of a knackered DV? I've ordered a replacement anyway just in case and I've also spoke to Superchips who were very helpfull. They are going to have a look at the map and get back to me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:30:35 pm by Boothmeister »

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 01:26:28 pm »
Sounds like a strong case of finding someone near to you to log your car with vcds to narrow down possibilities.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 01:45:48 pm »
i would look into this a bit deeper as i never had a problem with a type r even when it was in standard form my mate couldnt get away

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 05:10:12 pm »
Sounds like a strong case of finding someone near to you to log your car with vcds to narrow down possibilities.

Can anyone help me with this VCDS thing? I'm getting really worried now.......... :sad1:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:14:03 pm by Boothmeister »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Performance issues...
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 11:54:37 am »
Firstly thanks to MortyGTTDI who is meeting me tomorrow to have a look at my car with VCDS thing. Very much appreciated.
Secondly, I have bough a revision D recirculation valve as a precaution but I'm not sure how to fit it. I know I've seen something on here somewhere but I can't for the life in me find it? Has anyone fitted one that can talk me through it or can find the original post about it?

Cheers.

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 12:25:37 pm »
Firstly thanks to MortyGTTDI who is meeting me tomorrow to have a look at my car with VCDS thing. Very much appreciated.
Secondly, I have bough a revision D recirculation valve as a precaution but I'm not sure how to fit it. I know I've seen something on here somewhere but I can't for the life in me find it? Has anyone fitted one that can talk me through it or can find the original post about it?

Cheers.

Its apparently on the turbo on the K03 standard GTi's

What you describing sounds like it could be your MAF thats dodgy.

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »
here is a diagram showing where its located mate

you will have to jack car up, put on stands then get under to do it. I tried to get mine off when i had a spare 15mins but due to location i found it hard

its held on by 3 bolts, not sure if its a torx or what size mate

so 3 bolts and undo the plug for the wire and its off

hope this helps

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 01:12:24 pm »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I presume when Darren hooks the car up to the VCDS it will highlight any MAF faults etc so will wait and see what he says when I meet him tomorrow. Regardless of the outcome I'm going to fit the updated DV simply as a precaution and that they allegedly a much better unit. Thats for the assistance, especially the in depth walk through that Luke (Snapey) sent me. Wish me luck! :laugh:

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 01:13:33 pm »

[/quote]

I presume when Darren hooks the car up to the VCDS it will highlight any MAF faults etc so will wait and see what he says when I meet him tomorrow. Regardless of the outcome I'm going to fit the updated DV simply as a precaution and that they allegedly a much better unit. Thats for the assistance, especially the in depth walk through that Luke (Snapey) sent me. Wish me luck! :laugh:
[/quote]

could you forward this on for me aswell please mate

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 01:38:45 pm »
Ive just sorted a boost leak on my car, it doesnt show up any faults via VCDS only when data logging will it show there is a problem. SteveP did some data logs for me when we were up at UD's and from the results it suggested it was the DV at fault. My DV was ripped and when on boost it whistled alot louder than normal. All fixed now and running very strong again. :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 01:40:52 pm »
Ive just sorted a boost leak on my car, it doesnt show up any faults via VCDS only when data logging will it show there is a problem. SteveP did some data logs for me when we were up at UD's and from the results it suggested it was the DV at fault. My DV was ripped and when on boost it whistled alot louder than normal. All fixed now and running very strong again. :happy2:

How bad was the rip?

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 01:42:43 pm »

How bad was the rip?
From memory the rip was similar to that of Wigits!