Make a donation

Author Topic: GTi Fuel  (Read 3677 times)

Tongey

GTi Fuel
« on: March 16, 2010, 02:45:35 pm »
Sorry if this has been posted before. I've just bought a 55 plate GTi and i'm wondering do you have to stick with Super unleaded or can you stick in normal unleaded fuel.  :drinking:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
Re: GTi Fuel
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:48:37 pm »
vpower all the way but the way petrol prices are going! who knows any more, i paid £1.20 for v power the other day its a bloody joke  :stupid:

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Tongey

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 02:54:23 pm »
I've stuck a tank of normal shell unleaded fuel in yesterday when i pick the car up. All seems fine with the motor.

Just wanted to make sure. :drinking:

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:56:34 pm »
Probably more important if the car is mapped, but they will always respond well to anything over 95ron.

Anyone else having trouble getting VPower? I've been three times to my local Shell since Saturday and they still have non!  :confused: :sad1:

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 02:58:10 pm »
Probably more important if the car is mapped, but they will always respond well to anything over 95ron.

Anyone else having trouble getting VPower? I've been three times to my local Shell since Saturday and they still have non!  :confused: :sad1:

i went to my local one and had no problems last night

was 120.9 though wasnt very nice

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 02:58:24 pm »
Stick with Super Unleaded high octanes (I exclusively use V-Power) - It's strongly recommended by VW as better suiting the T FSI engine technology.

In the longer term I think it's utterly stupid to economise on which fuel you run this engine on.

Also, if your car is remapped, don't even think about cheaper fuels!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 02:59:44 pm »

U'll be alright nousey a tank full lasts 12 months doesn't it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 03:01:50 pm »

unless you have 0 miles showing left on the MFD and you have done 10 miles looking for a petrol station and the only option you have is to get a fivers worth of esso or another brand just to get you to the nearest shell station. The amount of times i have gone miles out of my way on a journey just for some v-power lol!

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 03:13:26 pm »

unless you have 0 miles showing left on the MFD and you have done 10 miles looking for a petrol station and the only option you have is to get a fivers worth of esso or another brand just to get you to the nearest shell station. The amount of times i have gone miles out of my way on a journey just for some v-power lol!

.... x 2

I plan all my journeys around the locations of V-Power stations. It's a simple habit and no hassle at all which gives great piece of mind.

Very funny banter from Gaz about Nathan's mileage!  :laugh:  :congrats:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 03:53:41 pm »

U'll be alright nousey a tank full lasts 12 months doesn't it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:booty:

I've done 15k now I'll have you know!  :P

Nasir

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 03:57:30 pm »
It's 126.9 around my area. It's getting beyond a joke now, we all know that oil prices dropped and they didn't change the fuel prices. Oh and Shell announced record breaking profits. Well done Gordon :congrats:

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 04:07:00 pm »
It's 126.9 around my area. It's getting beyond a joke now, we all know that oil prices dropped and they didn't change the fuel prices. Oh and Shell announced record breaking profits. Well done Gordon :congrats:

WOOT is that how much it is at Three Nuns Garage ? :surprised: :surprised:

I never look at the price, i just fill it up & stick it on the works account

I deffo think V-Power makes a HUGE difference to remapped cars... i noticed it one helluva lot on my 1.4 GT TSi 170ps.
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 04:55:18 pm »
Someone should nod some V6 maps with speed cameras and Shell garages would make the journey planning a whole lot easier!!  Ive been running V power in my car now for the last 3.5 tanks and always high octane since I got her, and now starting to see an improvement in mpg (car is stock) got 36.3 on a long journey the other day up from 32 when I first got the car.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 05:09:18 pm »
How does tesco super compare to v-power
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Nasir

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 05:11:34 pm »

WOOT is that how much it is at Three Nuns Garage ? :surprised: :surprised:

I never look at the price, i just fill it up & stick it on the works account

I deffo think V-Power makes a HUGE difference to remapped cars... i noticed it one helluva lot on my 1.4 GT TSi 170ps.

Not sure about three nuns but on Bradford road its 126.9. Tesco 99 is 117 I think.