Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Bulbs
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 08:58:37 pm »
They conform to the same standard as normal OEM Xenon bulbs.

I recommend the 50w Kit for deinate as the light output is fantastic.

Won't get chance to take a pic tonight as only got phone with me and it takes crap night shots.

Will dig camera out tomorrow and try then.

To be honest they won't look any different as you only really see the difference from behind the wheel.

Will try and get a pic for you though :)

Carl :happy2:

Offline MR Pap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 11:14:17 pm »
Dude don't go out of your way, if the only difference is vissability then it makes sence to go for the 50w as they're like five quid or so diff. The photos you have provided and info has been top class! Much appreciate it! :happy2: Think I'm gonna go for 5000k 50w, I'll post some pics if I do.

Cheers :drinking:

J

When asked "What would the dogs bollocks look like with four wheels" VW designed the golf gti.

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 11:13:39 pm »
did you end up going for this mate as im considering the same including the hella zennon housins

Offline MR Pap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 02:30:51 pm »
I looked into it yet as the company didn't reply to emails or phone calls, I was a bit hessitant. Upon further Reading turns out those hids are only legal if you have the right housing (which the Hellas are), but you also need head light washers lol(god knows why!?). Anyway with that aside fitting them seems a bit like a botch job (blasters need put under the bonet, but where would you screw them???). I the end of the day I chickened out  :sad1: and bought some philips crystal visions for £30 on eBay, they are 4300k colour temp (like oem xenons) and look great. :grin:

Although I must say they don't look as good as carls hids, just depends how good you are with a spanner and nervous you are about being pulled over.  :happy2:

When asked "What would the dogs bollocks look like with four wheels" VW designed the golf gti.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 04:23:09 pm »
I looked into it yet as the company didn't reply to emails or phone calls, I was a bit hessitant. Upon further Reading turns out those hids are only legal if you have the right housing (which the Hellas are), but you also need head light washers lol(god knows why!?). Anyway with that aside fitting them seems a bit like a botch job (blasters need put under the bonet, but where would you screw them???). I the end of the day I chickened out  :sad1: and bought some philips crystal visions for £30 on eBay, they are 4300k colour temp (like oem xenons) and look great. :grin:

Although I must say they don't look as good as carls hids, just depends how good you are with a spanner and nervous you are about being pulled over.  :happy2:

Good man, glad to see common sense prevailed here. The cheapo HID kits are bl**dy awful not to mention illegal. IMHO, if you cant afford the real thing, deal with it and get some decent halogen bulbs. I highly reccommend Osram Nightbreakers - absolutly brilliant bulbs. Customer service from Powerbulbs.com is top notch espcially compared the cowboy who operates HIDS4U.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline MR Pap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 07:20:43 pm »
did you end up going for this mate as im considering the same including the hella zennon housins

Yeah I got the Housing, looks awesome! I have posted about these already just search for Hella Xenon look (or something on those lines), theres pics on there as well  :happy2:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 08:52:30 am »
did you need to remove the bumper to fit the new lights?

Offline MR Pap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 09:26:10 am »
To fit the headlight housing, yes the bumper needed to come off. But for the bulbs no  :smiley:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:18 am »
does it take long or is it pretty straight forward

Offline MR Pap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 08:37:15 pm »
This is the first time I have tampered with a car, the end o the day it's like a big Lego set!
I would advise putting the bolts in spesific tubs or boxes so you know which ones go back where! TTYey come with instructions, so can't go wrong realy.

Just a note, u need a special crew driver (which I bought from halfords), the instructions say you only need one type (a ts5 or some $hit), however the gti recuires two types ! So make sure you buy a small kit screwdriver(for a tenna or so) that you can inter change the heads on. If you decide to buy these lights, let me know and I can tell you the exact names of these screwdrivers. Also get some crystal vision bulbs, they complete the job :happy2:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 12:31:31 am »
Wouldnt want to be coming the opposite way to Mater by the look of how high them beams are on that wall. Thats the one problem with HIDs, people fit them and drive around dazzling everybody else and thats the difference between oem which are actually aimed at the road and self level.

No problem with ones which are actually set up properly though.