Make a donation

Author Topic: Hill start with DSG  (Read 13998 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: Hill start with DSG
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 11:14:05 pm »
Left foot holding the brake whilst accelerating away with the right foot :happy2:

haha yeah right. Spose I will have to use the handbrake.

Whats so funny about that??? I wasnt joking :confused:

the dsg prevents you from using both pedals at once, so it would only be the same as pressing the accelerator quickly after removing your foot of the brake.

The manual tells you to treat it as a manual so, use the handbrake.

Does it?? how does the launch control work then??
I've never experianced a problem doing it the way I said. Sit on the hill with my left foot on the brake then when I need to pull off press the accelerator then take your foot off the brake :happy2: It may be a lil bit jumpy at first but you soon get the hang of it

you need to be in sport with esp turned off for launch control. with your handbrake there is no juddering

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 11:19:27 pm »
Launch control? How does this work? With DSG I notice there is a slight delay in pulling out of juntions, rather like a normal auto car. Is there a way of doing this safely or is it just push your foot down and wait ?

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 11:39:20 pm »
Launch control? How does this work? With DSG I notice there is a slight delay in pulling out of juntions, rather like a normal auto car. Is there a way of doing this safely or is it just push your foot down and wait ?

as i take my foot off the brake its milliseconds before im moving forward.

if the car has just been in natural its slightly longer.

launch control, turn off esp by holding the esp button, put the car in sport, hold the brake with your left foot flat on the accelerator and the car wont exceed 4000rpm then let go of the brake and bang off you go

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 09:05:16 am »
You dont have to have your foot flat on the floor with launch control and your better not if you want any form of traction, you can hold the revs at whatever level you want to control the launch, from memory its 3000 rpm with the standard DSG map not 4000, is you box mapped ED?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 05:53:19 pm »
You dont have to have your foot flat on the floor with launch control and your better not if you want any form of traction, you can hold the revs at whatever level you want to control the launch, from memory its 3000 rpm with the standard DSG map not 4000, is you box mapped ED?

sorry i didn't articulate my explanation. i assumed that he would figure out you don't have to always have it at the full revs. My box isn't mapped but i have only done it once and thought it was 4000, i was obviously mistaken.  :happy2:

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 07:26:33 pm »
I don't know if it's just my car but I find launch control takes like half a second before it goes when you take your foot Off the brake I think flooring it from standstill gives less a delay and before anyone says you don't floor it I have an r32 so you can launch at 3000rpm easily without wheelspin

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 07:58:22 pm »
it does take a second yeah

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 08:13:46 pm »
but whats the point in raping the clutch if its going to wait a second to do it you could lose a race like that

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 08:18:51 am »
I tried this launch last night on the way back from spurs v milan , mine only went upto about 2800 revs IIRC. I never acrually launched I just wanted to see if it went to 4000 rpm but as above post states I have the car as standard and no remaps.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 08:28:21 am »
I still think the launch control will be quicker than a normal set off as the revs and engine power is therefore higher, and obviously the clutch has to deal with that extra power and clamp sufficiently.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.