Make a donation

Author Topic: diffs in the wet !  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
Re: diffs in the wet !
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 05:10:58 pm »
cheers for the info mate . be at combe soon so i hope to see the benifits on there with it . been playing with the car over the past few days (brakes needed bedding in so was not thrashing it ) and its interesting feeling the diff work . i have had the outer wheel spinning which is quite rare

If you ever decide to fit adjustable top mounts that KW sell that will help find even more traction when you can introduce camber. This will give you even less understeer and a really sharp turn in.

For track use I was running 1.8-2 degrees negative which was bearable for road but for serious track work 3+ is essential when running sticky rubber.

Only thing is, is that it's a pain for paying for geometry adjustments unless you can do it yourself.
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 05:35:28 pm »
i do have the gear to check and adjust myself but i dont want to fit adjustable top mounts as it had the ride in my mk1 rubbish for the road . and the mk5 is my main car
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 06:54:43 pm »
Look forward to seeing it on track....have you any dates booked? Will pop along hopefully I will soon be back on track once I found what will float my boat.
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.