Make a donation

Author Topic: Parrot mki9100 anyone?  (Read 2093 times)

Ifti

Parrot mki9100 anyone?
« on: April 19, 2010, 07:10:22 pm »
Anyone fit a Parrot MKi9100 kit to this car?
Just wondering if all I need is the kit, or whether I need any other specific cables for the mk5?

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
Re: Parrot mki9100 anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:09:57 pm »
Yes, I fitted the MKI9200, which is the colour screen model, you just need to get the relevant ISO lead to connect it - other than that its plug and play
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Ifti

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:16:07 pm »
Do you know which ISO lead I would need?

Also, where did you have the iPhone/iPod connection cable come out from?
I have an iPod dock in my armrest at the moment, so Im assuming that would be disconnected - but Im not sure where i want the Parrot iPod connection cable come out from - since I usually place my iPhone in its holder which is attached to the centre vent, just above the radio (this makes it easy for me to use TomTom from my phone etc).

Maybe it should come out of the area by the 12v socket, the area above the gearstick? That way I can place the lead inside the holder and cover it up when not needed?

How have you had yours installed?

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 09:18:21 pm »
I had mine coming out of the glovebox.  Couldn't tell you what ISO cable, just ask Parrot tech.

And Mine only lasted a couple of months, as I fitted the RNS510, with BT and the MDI.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Ifti

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 09:23:09 pm »
Cheers.

Anyone know where I can get this installed?
Halfords charge about £20 I think, but you have to buy the kit from them, which is about £30 more expensive then other places online!

Since my phone is by the vent, Im assuming the cubbyhole is the best place for the cables to come out from.......just dont want cables all over the place as it also comes with a USB and 3.5mm connector......