Make a donation

Author Topic: SPS Switch Help  (Read 1586 times)

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
SPS Switch Help
« on: April 13, 2010, 07:13:50 pm »
Hi All, have just got myself a Mk5 GTi with Revo map and SPS switch.

Im just trying to see whats what with this thing and what i can do with adjustments. Ive had a quick read of the guide doc but not a lot sunk in so thought i'd see what i can get from you guys.

AFAIK the car is currently running B7 T6 F9 (I havent plugged it in with the laptop to hand to see if thats right but i believe it is)

The car is running fine, i was just wondering if i'm able to have a power setting and an economy setting as it were. Not sure if this is doable or not - my thought was to have the power on most of the time but upload the economy map when i know i was going to be doing a motorway run to get better economy

Is that possible?
Ant

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: SPS Switch Help
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 07:42:09 pm »
Was your car set up by a tuner on those settings, what stage of tune is it? Most people running REVO Stage 1 code will be running timing at 5 rather than 6.

If you want to run an economy setting, just drop the boost and timng back, although I never bother. I did an 80 mile round trip today on Revo Stage 2+ and got 42 mpg  :happy2:

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
Re: SPS Switch Help
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:23:23 pm »
Hi Dom, thanks for replying....

The car is this one....

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,13196.0.html

Listed as Revo Stage 2 and these are the settings when i got the car. As i say it drives fine but was curious whats what and whats possible by adjusting these numbers.

I'm still researching what spec constitutes Stage 1,2 and 2+ etc.

To answer your question on the timing, i run on Tesco 99, as i understand it the timing number will be related to the quality of fuel being used? So a lower grade would require this number being lowered. Would Tesco 99 be suitable for this value or would the only way to be sure be by logging via VAGCOM to ensure things are as they should be?
Ant