Make a donation

Author Topic: Down on power  (Read 1084 times)

Offline buzz

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Down on power
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:18:31 pm »
The car has been less responsive and felt slightly slower, never felt this sort of thing before. It has been damp/wet and more than 3/4 of the tank full. Does this make a big difference? Does the new revision DV apply to the KO3 GTI? If so what are the signs that the DV has split?

Offline Howardvwgolf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Down on power
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 09:24:23 am »
the weather and amount of fuel on board will have a slight roll to play in how quick the car is, but not that much that it would be physically noticeable when just driving around normally, more applies to the race track!! i replaced my D.V last night on my GTI (non ed 30). it had the revision b version. The one ive fitted is the revision d. The symptoms my car had were very little acceleration above 3000 rpm, and a hissing noise, which was the air escaping out of the split in the D.V i imagine.

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 09:30:48 am »
I replaced my dv last month due to a split. The symptoms were low power and a very faint hissing noise on full acceleration, but if you have music loud, you won't hear it!
It just felt like there was very little boost but the car still drove ok. I was getting the epc light on intermittently before I swapped the dv and didn't think it was related since it had been happening for a long time. After replacing the dv, the light has not come back on.

Here is my thread on the subject:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,11910.0.html

Offline buzz

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 01:00:42 am »
Thanks for the replies so far guys. My car isn't remapped and is standard. There's no hissing noise but still down on power. It's lacking the torque and shuv in the back feeling which used to be there. It came back for a few minutes then went again.

Offline Howardvwgolf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 09:04:49 am »
i would be tempted to take to take it to a garage, or find someone local to you with vag com and get them to run some diagnostics checks on it.