Make a donation

Author Topic: Monza II bolts  (Read 1565 times)

gaz b

Monza II bolts
« on: March 27, 2010, 07:46:30 am »

Right, I thought I had everything covered........... :ashamed:

Car got serviced and MOT'd on Wednesday,
Picked up a mint set of Monza II's yesterday (cheers veedubdan! TC's old wheels!) :happy2:
Got to the dealers before it closed to pick up the black bolt covers which the wheels didnt have,
Dropped the car off at the detailers last night for a session,

.......then hit hit me this morning, hence why I am posting a question at 07.40 in the morning.

The dealers kindly put my monza II reps on the car when I bought it. When they handed the keys over they said they had to use the bolts that came with the wheels because they have a different taper!

Can anyone confirm if there is a certain taper for the monza II or will will the ones on my reps do? I won't get the car back until tonight and I was looking to fire the wheels straight on but this may scupper my plans! :sick:

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Monza II bolts
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:33:30 am »
that is right mate most replica wheels use tapered bolts your oem ones are radius seat bolts :happy2:

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 09:25:17 am »
where are you based Gaz, I've got plenty of OE bolts you can have :happy2:

Offline nc35

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 10:12:39 am »

Hi Garry

Jumping on the thread. Think I am going to be in exactly the same situation.
Car came with reps from dealers. Got some gen rims just waiting for their refurb.

Based in Leeds, but more than willing to pay for the bolts & p+p.

Just wondering about the locking nuts. Sure they are gen VW
No Golf anymore. 
Enjoyed the last five years of ownership of Mk5 & 6 GTIs.
Plus an excellent forum for knowledge and new ways to deplete the bank account.
Thank You Everyone.

gaz b

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 12:07:56 pm »
that is right mate most replica wheels use tapered bolts your oem ones are radius seat bolts :happy2:

Thanks for the conformation candy turbo.  :happy2:

Cheers for the offer Gaz, really appreciate it! :happy2: Thats what I love about this forum, always somebody willing to help.  :grouphug:

Just back from my local dealers. I bought a set of Mcgard lockers and they gave me 16 normal bolts free. (second had but still nearly new  :smiley:) Hows that for service!! :congrats:

Bloody replicas have just been a pain in the hoop from the day I bought them :fighting:

Offline VeeDubDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 12:13:32 pm »
Sounds like you're all set finally! Delays due to snow and the like but you should be rolling on your new rims tonight. Get the pics up asap  :happy2:

gaz b

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 12:21:54 pm »
Sounds like you're all set finally! Delays due to snow and the like but you should be rolling on your new rims tonight. Get the pics up asap  :happy2:

Willdo buddy. Been running about like a blue ersed fly for the last few days, but I am nearly there now!  :jumpmove:

Nice to meet you yesterday Dan, Will post up pics as soon as I get the car back and wheels done!  :popcornsoda: