Make a donation

Author Topic: Blue Flame TBE?  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Blue Flame TBE?
« on: March 27, 2010, 12:07:34 pm »
Does anyone know what the Blueflame is like compared to the Miltek with regards to cabin noise. Is it equivalent to a res or non res Milltek? Or do they do their own versions?
Matt?  :wink:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: Blue Flame TBE?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 12:42:43 pm »
Ben,
I went out in NB07's ED30 during the week with a blueflame, not really to my taste as more cabin noise than the milltek - a lot lower resonance frequency when driving around town, not too disimiliar when on motorway to an oem system. I personally prefer the milltek, but it does sound great on full chat.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 12:51:01 pm »
Cheers Dom. Think I will be going Milly again. Just thought i'd look at other options and the Blue Flame does seem to get good reports from what I have read.
Think I need a run out in a BF'd car to see for sure..  :smiley:

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 01:00:45 pm »
Where abouts are you vtec abuser, I'm in Bristol if you want a spin in my stage2+ ed30 with blueflame.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 01:02:40 pm »
I know Nick is going to Spring Fest, am sure you'll be able to get a ride in one then. Forget to say, that the comparison I made was with regard to Milltek res TBE.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 01:18:14 pm »
Where abouts are you vtec abuser, I'm in Bristol if you want a spin in my stage2+ ed30 with blueflame.

I'm in Lincoln pal and will find it a little hard to get to the West country at the min. But appreciate the offer mate..  :happy2:
If there are any vids though that could help? :jumping:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 01:30:47 pm »
its good Ben, as Dom says on the motorway its pretty quiet cruising but when you go WOT its berserk! coupled with a good intake its awesome. ive been in a couple of milltek cars and to me it sounds like standard which is good as you can get the power without the noise if thats what you want but i dont want to hear my 2.0 ticking, the blueflame makes it sound more purposeful in my opinion. its all horses for courses though as robin will say people interpret sounds in different ways. you need to hear it properly to be able to judge i think.  im in south lincs next week if you can get down, otherwise as Dom said Spring Fest  :happy2:

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 01:34:05 pm »
did you sell the milly then? you heard it already from out side tho when we were at the pod  :smiley:

i take it you liked the noise?  :party:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 01:44:40 pm »
Ben you know Awesome gti are doing 25% off all bluflame exhausts on scn at the min.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 01:47:06 pm »
Mmmm, interesting..  :wink: What does that bring it down to mate, do you know off hand or wil have have to look?  :grin:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 01:49:15 pm »
ermm i would say around £750-800 but your probably best looking.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 01:51:25 pm »
did you sell the milly then? you heard it already from out side tho when we were at the pod  :smiley:

i take it you liked the noise?  :party:

Yes mate, sold the old Milly as it was a GTI system and fancied a change to the Ed30 system when I get the car back.
Remember your car on the day, but can't really remember what she sounded like to be fair as there were loads of us lot running..  :ashamed:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 01:54:48 pm »
no worries i'll take you for a spin next time i see you mate.  :happy2:

just remembered when i was at blueflame yesterday i saw another MK5 GTI there and Dave told me they are currently developing a system for Germany/Europe which is TUV approved and will be quieter if thats what your after.  :happy2:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 01:58:37 pm »
For a cupra it works out around £812 inc vat, if i didnt already have a zaust i would be buying one for that price :happy2:.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 02:03:43 pm »
no worries i'll take you for a spin next time i see you mate.  :happy2:

just remembered when i was at blueflame yesterday i saw another MK5 GTI there and Dave told me they are currently developing a system for Germany/Europe which is TUV approved and will be quieter if thats what your after.  :happy2:

Well I had a resonated Milly before and that mint with regards to all round noise for cruising and when on WOT. Certainly don't want anything that drones etc.
Will most likely be buying 2nd hand with me only having the Golf 10 months when I get her back before changing again and there is one if the For Sale section that I maybe interested in if the price is negotiable (hence the enquiry).
Is there any performance difference do we know (he says whilst hiding from any upcoming argumentive views)   :signLOL: