Make a donation

Author Topic: *HELP NEEDED* retrofit mfsw & cruise issues  (Read 3852 times)

Offline eb198

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
*HELP NEEDED* retrofit mfsw & cruise issues
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:46:25 pm »
Evening guys, iv got a 2008 mk5 gt tdi w/factory fit highline cluster. I wanted to fit mfsw and cruise control-

Sourced a refurbed steering wheel with mfsw buttons and new-
highline steering module pt no-1K0953549CH
wiring loom pt no-5K0 971 584 C
cruise stalk pt no-1K0953513G

Fitted it all no troubles. Started it up went it to vag com. coded engine to accept cruise control 11463
then went into steering and coded it according to helper sheet i ended up using code- 0010534

Cruise control works but the issues I have are-
No power steering- g85 steering angle fault wont clear down
No horn
MFSW buttons illuminate but thats about it, won't work at all
ESP and airbag and traction light on. Iv tried resetting and following all the guides from here but to no avail.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated at wits end!

Cheers guys

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
Re: *HELP NEEDED* retrofit mfsw & cruise issues
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 10:04:22 pm »
If you've fitted a mk5 Mfsw try 0000134 for the code, 0000534 if you've fitted a mk6 Mfsw. You'll need to do a steering angle reset to clear the other fault codes, search for the topic "long coding ch steering module" which tells you how to do it, I had to do it a couple of times before it all started working again. Let us know how you get on.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:08:23 pm by Octoparrot »

Offline eb198

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 06:41:15 am »
Thanks for the reply, il double check it all today and retry. Im wondering if the software on the new module is too new for the mfsw. Il let you know how I get on thanks for the help

Cheers,
ed

Offline eb198

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 10:45:22 am »
Your a star put the coding in mfsw buttons working, still no horn but i may of caught a wire putting the airbag back in.
Issue now is no matter what I do and no matter how many times i try I cant get the power steering to work and in group 44-steering assist
steering limit stop
no or incorrect basic setting/adaptation

I cant adapt it, iv done lock to lock and driving straight but to no avail

Thanks again for all your help

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 02:10:52 pm »
Have a read of this http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1K)_Brake_Electronics_(MK60)#Adaptation and this http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1K)_Steering_Assist#Steering_Limit_Stop_Adaptation. As I said I had to do mine a couple of times from start to finish for it all to start working correctly. Just follow the procedures given to the letter and it should work, did for me anyway.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:14:56 pm by Octoparrot »

willni

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 04:07:45 pm »
Is it a mk5 or mk6 steering wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eb198

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 06:14:36 pm »
Evening guys after trying all day, its finally done. I had to do the steering angle calibration well over 20 times. All lights out and mfsw working (mk5 by the way) only issue is still with bluetooth but I think thats down to the polar bt can gateway Im using. One final niggle is I still cant get the Horn to work no matter what. Iv had the airbag off and double/triple checked the pins to the horn terminals are fine and no broken wires. Any ideas? which measuring block is it in to check?

Cheers for all your help so far guys lifesavers

Regards,
Ed

willni

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 07:42:05 pm »
Evening guys after trying all day, its finally done. I had to do the steering angle calibration well over 20 times. All lights out and mfsw working (mk5 by the way) only issue is still with bluetooth but I think thats down to the polar bt can gateway Im using. One final niggle is I still cant get the Horn to work no matter what. Iv had the airbag off and double/triple checked the pins to the horn terminals are fine and no broken wires. Any ideas? which measuring block is it in to check?

Cheers for all your help so far guys lifesavers

Regards,
Ed

From memory I think my wiring adapter was purple, for mk5 to mk5 mfsw. I'll check in a little bit

Offline eb198

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 12:16:34 pm »
Iv double checked and still nothing. Carried out continuity test- no breaks in the wire. My old loom non mfsw was purple your correct and the new one is yellow. Would you be able to double check the part number of your loom and let me know, I feel iv bought a mk6 mfsw loom and the pins are different for the horn.

Cheers for all your help guys 

Offline Brandon558500

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 11:44:00 pm »
Hi mate. Did you manage to get the power steering back on without coding? Or did you have to use vagcom while calibrating the steering?  I have the same problem