All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

How many have been effected by headliner sagging?

(1/18) > >>

GreigC:
Hello,

Just wondering how many people have had headliner issues? (Mainly ive seen sagging around the roof sunglasses tray, rear interior roof light, rear of headliner and under the sunvisors)

I know other VW cars around this age/platform had this issue but I want to focus on the Golf MK5.

If effected what year and spec is your MK5? Have you changed yours? If you've changed yours has it happened again?

I have 09' MK5 GTI 5 door 75k. (Failed at roof sunglasses tray and under both sunvisors)

Thanks

Trav Turbo:
Mine has sagged around the sunglasses tray within the last couple years, mines a 57 plate 3 door Gti. Think I'll be taking the headlining out soon to try & see how best to repair it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Jb55:
57 plate 5 door 80k miles and mines sagging around the sunglasses holder tried glueing it back but started to fail again after around 5-6 month. Been thinking about this a lot lately and I think I’m going to get another headliner from a standard mk5 5 door golf and get it retrimmed properly.
Already been getting prices from local ish car/motor upholsterers and prices vary massively the cheapest around £120 up to £300+

OldGTI:
I sorted mine by dropping the sunglass tray and putting double sided tape behind the lining after pulling the slack tight under the tray. The tape holds it in place long enough to tighten the tray back in place which secures everything nicely back.
If you take your time, it took me a few attempts to get it right it looks as good as new.

GreigC:

--- Quote from: OldGTI on March 18, 2021, 07:12:04 pm ---I sorted mine by dropping the sunglass tray and putting double sided tape behind the lining after pulling the slack tight under the tray. The tape holds it in place long enough to tighten the tray back in place which secures everything nicely back.
If you take your time, it took me a few attempts to get it right it looks as good as new.

--- End quote ---

Thats sounds great! Any pictures?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version