All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

How many have been effected by headliner sagging?

<< < (2/18) > >>

Trav Turbo:

--- Quote from: OldGTI on March 18, 2021, 07:12:04 pm ---I sorted mine by dropping the sunglass tray and putting double sided tape behind the lining after pulling the slack tight under the tray. The tape holds it in place long enough to tighten the tray back in place which secures everything nicely back.
If you take your time, it took me a few attempts to get it right it looks as good as new.

--- End quote ---
That's not a bad idea. I'll give that a try first.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

J30SBO:

--- Quote from: OldGTI on March 18, 2021, 07:12:04 pm ---I sorted mine by dropping the sunglass tray and putting double sided tape behind the lining after pulling the slack tight under the tray. The tape holds it in place long enough to tighten the tray back in place which secures everything nicely back.
If you take your time, it took me a few attempts to get it right it looks as good as new.

--- End quote ---

Exactly what I did but with AstroTurf tape 😂

fakie1977:
Mines a 2007 07 plate 5 dr with 81k. Started around sunglasses case like everyone else has said in the last year or so. Hasn’t gotten noticeably worse but was considering getting it retrimmed in alcantara (along with the a, b and c pillars). Just not got around to it yet and not found a retrimmer in the north east. Might give the double sided tape idea a go in the short term though. How long has that held up for the people that have done that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jb55:
I used carpet spray/glue but it only lasted 5-6 months , think I’ll give the double side tape ago , it’s something that really bothers me when ever I look at it.

RetroRaz:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01L03CJGI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_RPKT9M6K2EAACAV78GE2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ive used this many times to repair roofliners. Works very well and never sags

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version