All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

How many have been effected by headliner sagging?

<< < (11/18) > >>

rich83:

--- Quote from: rich83 on August 12, 2022, 11:08:08 pm ---f*ck that… I’ll glue it and that will be that, creases or not. :-)

--- End quote ---

Well that didn't work. The foam backing f*cks with the glue and what you'll find is that it's impossible to stretch the fabri back enough to cover it properly. Ohh well. I'll leave it until it's completely f*cked and then I'll just torch the car.

pudding:
I'll bring mine along as well for a ceremonial burning  :happy2:

rich83:
Hah. Brilliant.

I have ordered a sample of some material. Gonna redo the whole thing…. f*ck it.

G-olf:
Sounds like you had about as much luck as me  :laugh:

Its cut so tight to the apertures it leaves no room for stretching or leaving it long then trimming it off.

I like the look of the suede type ones on e bay with the double red stitched line. With the apertures pre cut and the stitching needing to be straight i'm reluctant to do it through fear of it looking pants  :grin:
And if I was to try just the normal material would thicker or thinner foam be best? its obviously there to keep creases out but is there more chance of the thicker one breaking down again?

I've tried several trimming companies local to me but none seem keen to take it on.

rich, keep this updated so we can see how you get on  :happy2: (i think i'm fairly local to you from previous posts)

rich83:

--- Quote from: G-olf on August 23, 2022, 01:35:32 pm ---Sounds like you had about as much luck as me  :laugh:

Its cut so tight to the apertures it leaves no room for stretching or leaving it long then trimming it off.

I like the look of the suede type ones on e bay with the double red stitched line. With the apertures pre cut and the stitching needing to be straight i'm reluctant to do it through fear of it looking pants  :grin:
And if I was to try just the normal material would thicker or thinner foam be best? its obviously there to keep creases out but is there more chance of the thicker one breaking down again?

I've tried several trimming companies local to me but none seem keen to take it on.

rich, keep this updated so we can see how you get on  :happy2: (i think i'm fairly local to you from previous posts)

--- End quote ---

I will do.... first thing is to find some decent material which hopefully matches the pillar trim otherwise i will have to do the headliner and all the pillar trims. I am in Hemel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version