All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

How many have been effected by headliner sagging?

<< < (12/18) > >>

ljc19630:

--- Quote from: OldGTI on March 18, 2021, 07:12:04 pm ---I sorted mine by dropping the sunglass tray and putting double sided tape behind the lining after pulling the slack tight under the tray. The tape holds it in place long enough to tighten the tray back in place which secures everything nicely back.
If you take your time, it took me a few attempts to get it right it looks as good as new.

--- End quote ---

That sounds like a great fix.....most of not ALL GTi's have this issue. Be great if you could fire out a tutorial as the uptake on this, i think, will be huge!!!!! :congrats:

ljc19630:

--- Quote from: Pudding on April 03, 2021, 11:30:53 am ---Black sunroof model, 07, 151K miles, no sagging.  I've even scrubbed it several times over the years with carpet cleaner and still not dropping.  A very strange and sporadic problem indeed.

--- End quote ---

Thats coz you cast your amazing knowledge throughout the forum, hence the Headliner gods look after you!!!!

SANDEGTI:
No sagging just yet on my 05 GTI! Shame as this seems like a common problem. Looks like the only way to fix it would be to have it done again properly. Weird how the earlier ones don't suffer the same consequences??  :thinking:

pudding:

--- Quote from: ljc19630 on August 30, 2022, 06:26:06 pm ---
--- Quote from: Pudding on April 03, 2021, 11:30:53 am ---Black sunroof model, 07, 151K miles, no sagging.  I've even scrubbed it several times over the years with carpet cleaner and still not dropping.  A very strange and sporadic problem indeed.

--- End quote ---

Thats coz you cast your amazing knowledge throughout the forum, hence the Headliner gods look after you!!!!

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure about that but thanks  :grin:

I feel like this issue is much more common on sunroof-less cars?  With sunroofs, there are more edges and corners to glue onto for support, plus a gaping hole where material would otherwise be, so nothing to sag  :smiley:

terrier:
No sagging here :happy2: 07 plate 116000 careful miles :innocent:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version