Make a donation

Author Topic: How many have been effected by headliner sagging?  (Read 23807 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Re: How many have been effected by headliner sagging?
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2024, 11:48:45 pm »
Not so much the headliner but at 51 years of age, my moobs, arse and hairline are certainly sagging.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 66
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2024, 03:02:47 am »
 :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2024, 09:47:48 pm »
Not so much the headliner but at 51 years of age, my moobs, arse and hairline are certainly sagging.
Forgot to mention nasal hair with a life of its own :signLOL:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=k4f9s8dvv77slrnd5eoffnll1e&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2024, 08:50:13 pm »
Just been reading up on this as I have the dreaded headliner sag. Haven’t posted in ages but needs must. Did you manage to have a go and fix the headliner @rich83 ? I have ordered a sample of that material in black as well. Mine is a MK5 black pearl 5 door with sunroof … joy at all those cutouts.

I reckon the “pay a fortune” option is a bridge too far for my car as I have just had my second Helix organic clutch done.  So it’s a headliner job and attempt at refitting some new material. After all it can’t be that hard? 😂  You’re really close to me so I could have a look at yours? You may have already moved or sold the car though but any advice appreciated. From the looks of it there are very few people both willing and able to do this locally without me removing a kidney. 

Cheers
Rip

No, I sold the car with all its problems last year….

Offline Marticus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2024, 10:20:19 am »
I've been looking into this as mine is starting to go along with the door cards, I found a load of videos on youtube:
i=uZ9Izwu0Jmzbxu46

The most important bit seems to beaking sure you get rid of as much of the old foam as possible.

Offline slipd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2024, 05:00:56 pm »

Bah, started with a small bubble but now it's all fallen around the passengers convenience light :scared:

I've had a few bubbles on the door skins for a while now, but the recent hot weather in the south has obviously made it worse...

A couple of local upholsterers' are offering solutions but I think I'm going to have to shop around. I can't leave it like this.

I'll have a read through the rest of this thread.

Online Vecridorm

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2024, 07:28:54 am »
I have some spray glue, going to use some cardboard to work the lining to where I want hopefully
tdi bkd 4motion: Alive
Gt 170: Dead
Gt sport 170: Murdered

Offline slipd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2024, 11:53:11 am »
I have some spray glue, going to use some cardboard to work the lining to where I want hopefully
Are you not worried about staining? I have a light interior, it gets marked so easily :scared:

Online Vecridorm

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2024, 12:14:57 pm »

[/quote]
Are you not worried about staining? I have a light interior, it gets marked so easily :scared:
[/quote] mine is literally the entire lining but connected around the edge so I’m going to spray the roof and use cardboard and a soft scraper 😂😭
tdi bkd 4motion: Alive
Gt 170: Dead
Gt sport 170: Murdered

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2024, 01:01:02 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/mk4lou
Try thus lady who can do them

Offline GeeTeeEye

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2024, 11:33:15 am »
just had mine done by MSK Autorepairs, Wellingborough. Did a fantastic job, really pleased with the results. Did take a week and cost £550, but according to Google the only other option was a drive down to south of London, which is a day out for me...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 11:38:00 am by GeeTeeEye »

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2024, 02:36:29 pm »
Just been reading up on this as I have the dreaded headliner sag. Haven’t posted in ages but needs must. Did you manage to have a go and fix the headliner @rich83 ? I have ordered a sample of that material in black as well. Mine is a MK5 black pearl 5 door with sunroof … joy at all those cutouts.

I reckon the “pay a fortune” option is a bridge too far for my car as I have just had my second Helix organic clutch done.  So it’s a headliner job and attempt at refitting some new material. After all it can’t be that hard? 😂  You’re really close to me so I could have a look at yours? You may have already moved or sold the car though but any advice appreciated. From the looks of it there are very few people both willing and able to do this locally without me removing a kidney. 

Cheers
Rip

No, I sold the car with all its problems last year….

You’re giving me ideas  :thinking: … I am still considering doing it … I must be mad.
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.