Make a donation

Author Topic: struggling to sell  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 8
Re: struggling to sell
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2021, 04:06:57 pm »
Yes, think this is the way to go. Instead of starting with 'Stage 1 remap' etc. I would put it more like;

For sale is my 2008 Golf GTI. The car has done 108k miles and has full documented service history with the following major work being done;

- Cambelt and water pump at xxx miles.
- New pads and discs at xxx miles
Etc. Etc.

The car has a DSG gearbox, full leather interior, heated seats....list any other options.

It has a few tasteful modifications including a Ramair cold air intake and also a custom stage 1 remap done by 'companies name' with Dyno printout showing XXX bhp.

You get the idea. Just write it in a way that shows its cared for. If you go straight in with 'Stage 1 remap 260bhp' it gives the impression it's been ragged.

Offline Jb55

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2021, 04:08:30 pm »
Some good advice here mate

Offline djmadman

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2021, 04:55:05 pm »
Some good advice here mate

completely agree - sound advice

Yes, think this is the way to go. Instead of starting with 'Stage 1 remap' etc. I would put it more like;

For sale is my 2008 Golf GTI. The car has done 108k miles and has full documented service history with the following major work being done;

- Cambelt and water pump at xxx miles.
- New pads and discs at xxx miles
Etc. Etc.

The car has a DSG gearbox, full leather interior, heated seats....list any other options.

It has a few tasteful modifications including a Ramair cold air intake and also a custom stage 1 remap done by 'companies name' with Dyno printout showing XXX bhp.

You get the idea. Just write it in a way that shows its cared for. If you go straight in with 'Stage 1 remap 260bhp' it gives the impression it's been ragged.

cheers dude. got a few hours left, lets see what happens. do hate timewasters thats for sure.

also looking at maybe getting a quick dsg and minor service quoted lol

Offline imprezzaworks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2021, 06:53:47 pm »
On the drivers rear quarter, is that a rust bubble near the bumper?

Looks a nice car though

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2021, 10:59:22 pm »
Personal experience with selling a few cars is where you post it counts. Yes auto trader costs a little bit, but people who are serious about buying cars go there.

Facebook, gumtree and even eBay have some proper  :fighting2: who love to lowball with 0 intention of following though. Bargain hunters I guess…  :party:

Good luck with the sale, previous posts about rewriting the ad all great advice. Potentially try Facebook with some owners clubs pages, but be prepared for the guys offering you  :booty:

Offline chimp400

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2021, 07:38:17 am »
Lots of small things add up to put a buyer off.
I sold my standard 60000 mile car 2 years ago for £5000 but that was a struggle.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2021, 12:19:51 pm »
Looks nice  :happy2:

Don't take this the wrong way but the car might appeal to a wider audience with the standard intake and exhaust.  If you still have them, either refit them or throw them in with the sale.  Used car buyers are generally pickier than new car buyers and they like to see originality as much as possible.  Not a criticsm of your personal choices, just a tip that might help  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D