Make a donation

Author Topic: Rns510 SD card issues ? Help please  (Read 1535 times)

Offline blingsta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Rns510 SD card issues ? Help please
« on: June 05, 2021, 09:47:58 am »
https://i.imgur.com/mM17u6A.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HOIo2OG.jpg

Hi all....

I've recently finished a little boot install and thought I'd be happy using Bluetooth to listen to music from my phone.
Boy was I wrong Lol...   the sound quality is quite bad compared to the clarity if I listen to the music that's on a cd or on the HDD.  So I thought I'd buy a SD Card and download some music on there hoping that the quality would be better.
I' hope the above images work..  but that is what I believe to be my Rns510 and my new SD card..  all I get when I insert the card is "card error" ?  I have made sure the card is a FAT32 format....   im not sure what the problem could be? Any help would be appreciated as I'm only stuck with listening to the radio or the previous owners cd's and whatever is on the HDD...
Can anyone tell me how to check what software my radio is?   I've tried a variety of button presses but can't seem to find what firmware the system is!...

Any help would be great 👍
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 09:50:44 am by blingsta »

Offline blingsta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Rns510 SD card issues ? Help please
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 03:58:45 pm »
checking youtube...  i came across a video (Audi TT) the guy says if the stereo is as old as 2007, then to make sure the SD card being used is not HC !!   any truth in this? 
link to video included

Offline blingsta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Rns510 SD card issues ? Help please
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 12:54:57 am »
Oh well... no need to worry about a card now Lol .
The head unit has all of a sudden decided to go into loop mode! It just shows the Vw Logo for about 10 seconds then goes blank, the back to the Vw Logo again.
Probably time for a new one huh?