All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Apr system on the bay

<< < (4/8) > >>

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: joesgti on November 03, 2008, 02:39:21 pm ---cohiba has the full apr system and its ALOT louder than milltek.

--- End quote ---

How long has he had it, and are the pipes showing any corrosion?

joesgti:
its brand new, he went to awesome and got the apr stg2, apr cooler, apr hpfp, and some other apr stuff i think.  all in the same day   :drool:

it was very loud last week thow, and when following him on friday.  only when pressing on thow :smiley:

WhiteGTI:
Im pretty sure that the item on fleabay isnt the new RSC cat back - they would be promoting this for sure.

Maybe the new RSC system tackles this issue of corrosion that you speak of T_T. Dont know though! By corrosion do you mean the discolouring on the pipes in the fleabay picture to a more copper colour??? My stock system that came off had this all over, plus some black patches - which the guy who fitted it told me were areas where the exhaust was blowing.

I'll take a look at my APR after its been on a few months and report back as to if theres any corrosion.

Milltek have been plagued with their fair share of exhaust tip quality problems recently...

Teutonic_Tamer:
Those images looked more like rust rather than simple discolouration - which is a definate no-no for a "stainless steel" system.

Wasn't Millteks issues due to carbon fouling from the sooty FSI engines?  Glad I have black tips on the RS, though it didn't stop a complete sooty rear end when I was forced to use some shyte Jet normal unleaded!  :ashamed:

gazbutS3:
It isn't the RSC version its the regular 1 that was fitted to their demo, its the equivilant to the non-resonated Milltek, can't remember what APR call it but the resonated version is called stealth I think, Its is a bit loud for my liking, I had their car for a few days early on in the year, but it may be to some peoples taste

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version