All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Apr system on the bay

<< < (6/8) > >>

LaserBlue:

--- Quote from: ukdub on November 05, 2008, 04:57:29 pm ---The APR exhaust isn't a 'bolt on' cat back system.  It is designed to fit the APR downpipe and sport cat which is a 3" diameter.

--- End quote ---

so i need a down pipe? i told awesome my car was stock he didnt mention anything?

@josegti i dont mind paying for the osir as it looks much better than the newsouth, its just teh fitting cost as you have to install it properly through the dash as they said to me.

ukdub:

--- Quote from: LaserBlue on November 05, 2008, 05:00:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: ukdub on November 05, 2008, 04:57:29 pm ---The APR exhaust isn't a 'bolt on' cat back system.  It is designed to fit the APR downpipe and sport cat which is a 3" diameter.

--- End quote ---

so i need a down pipe? i told awesome my car was stock he didnt mention anything?

@josegti i dont mind paying for the osir as it looks much better than the newsouth, its just teh fitting cost as you have to install it properly through the dash as they said to me.

--- End quote ---

No just get a small step up adapter to go from 2.5" to 3" from someone like www.pipewerx.com.(Ian Birch)  I did the same thing but the other way around.  I have the APR downpipe and sport cat mated to the stock cat back.  I found the APR stealth too noisey for every day use.  So the APR cat back like the one you have just bought is sitting in my garage.  I get to put it on now and again though. 

LaserBlue:
hey ukdub.. so you think its to loud?

i was after a loud sound, most reviews and videos regarding the stealth apr say its just about average, i wasnt after the boy racer drone..

hope it wont be to loud or ill be selling it on, duno what to consider then as the milltek is similar to stock???

i presume awesomegti already know about the adaptor? they are fitting it for me late ron this month.

Greeners:

--- Quote from: LaserBlue on November 05, 2008, 07:51:19 pm ---hey ukdub.. so you think its to loud?

i was after a loud sound, most reviews and videos regarding the stealth apr say its just about average, i wasnt after the boy racer drone..

hope it wont be to loud or ill be selling it on, duno what to consider then as the milltek is similar to stock???

i presume awesomegti already know about the adaptor? they are fitting it for me late ron this month.

--- End quote ---

Non-res isn't, just ask Markymark or Steve PG what mine sounds like  :evilgrin:

SteveP:

--- Quote from: Greenouse on November 05, 2008, 08:12:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: LaserBlue on November 05, 2008, 07:51:19 pm ---hey ukdub.. so you think its to loud?

--- End quote ---

Non-res isn't, just ask Markymark or Steve PG what mine sounds like  :evilgrin:

--- End quote ---

I can confirm the Milltek's on both Greenouse's ED30 and RedRobin's GTI definatly don't sound like the stock zorsts  :evilgrin:

From the minute Greenouse turned up last weekend to Maccy D's he made sure all knew it too  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version