Make a donation

Author Topic: Thermostat questions  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Numero9

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Thermostat questions
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2022, 03:23:57 pm »
Definitely seems that way, if I had small thin hands I suspect it would have been easier but it wasn't that difficult of a job.

Next few tasks are all cosmetic

Offline PorkPieBandit

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2024, 02:32:06 pm »
New thermostat and sensor ordered. Are there any other o-rings or bits that I should replace along the way?

I had a coolant leak from the o-ring on the main thermostat (marked 5 on this diagram), the part number for it N90365302, might be worth replacing while you're in there :happy2:

Bit of an old thread revival but hoping someone whose done this job can help out - I'm replacing my thermostat this weekend and figured I should replace the o ring mentioned in the above comment. Ordered online and didn't think it would arrive in time, I tried to order from VW this morning and be reckons I've got the wrong part number? I didn't order with VW and my online order turned up so hoping it's correct. Can anyone confirm?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 02:34:35 pm by PorkPieBandit »

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 50
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2024, 03:24:21 pm »
That o-ring should be replaced with the new thermostat......I would fit a genuine one, as it is a time consuming job.

I did mine a couple of months ago with gen parts, but also changed my 2005 plumbing to the later 2008 revise with no inline stats
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline PorkPieBandit

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2024, 03:55:36 pm »
That o-ring should be replaced with the new thermostat......I would fit a genuine one, as it is a time consuming job.

I did mine a couple of months ago with gen parts, but also changed my 2005 plumbing to the later 2008 revise with no inline stats

Sorry I wasn't super clear. I have a genuine thermostat but didn't get an o ring at the same time. I've now got an o ring (non genuine) but VW weren't sure I had the right part number. I think maybe it was a bit of a communication break down. When you did yours did you use the o ring with the part number N90365302? That's what I've ended up with so hoping it's correct!

Offline PorkPieBandit

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2024, 04:56:39 pm »

Sorry I wasn't super clear. I have a genuine thermostat but didn't get an o ring at the same time. I've now got an o ring (non genuine) but VW weren't sure I had the right part number. I think maybe it was a bit of a communication break down. When you did yours did you use the o ring with the part number N90365302? That's what I've ended up with so hoping it's correct!

Scrap all of this, just got home and checked the part that got delivered today, looks like I got confused ordering and ended up going for 06B-121-119-B  :doh: If anyone needs a spare main gasket for the thermostat let me know. I'll just risk it and not do the other O ring as it's not leaking and I've got the weekend booked out to change the thermostat.