Make a donation

Author Topic: Door lock modules are constantly failing  (Read 515 times)

Offline mstirlz05

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Door lock modules are constantly failing
« on: January 14, 2023, 12:05:04 pm »
Hi folks. I have fitted 3 lock modules over the last couple of years. These are all genuine parts and work fine for a few months, then the usual symptoms re appear, either the drivers door won't open or passenger door, or boot, unless passenger door is open. Every time I fit a new module the faults go away but I know I shouldn't be replacing them constantly so could the issue be the lock relay? I have noticed the relay behind the light switch is clicking like mad at times, and even when the door tries to auto lock when driving it starts to click and will sporadically lock/unlock for a few seconds. Is this the root cause or could there be something else?

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: Door lock modules are constantly failing
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 01:31:33 pm »
Did you fit the right revision for your car? There is a few versions depending on the cars set up.

Offline mstirlz05

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 02:13:41 pm »
Yeah, the first one I got was the wrong rev but the 3 I used since are all correct. It's the fact that they solve the issue completely for a short time then fail is what confuses me and makes me think maybe something else is the issue

Offline breeze

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 01:57:49 pm »
Perhaps a short in the wiring is causing them to burn out somehow? Wiring between the body of the car and the door would be the first place I would check. You can pull back the rubber fairly easily.