All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Marticus' Red GTI

<< < (4/11) > >>

Marticus:
How is it that VW engineers can design a light switch that i can change out with a press and a twist in 20 seconds, but you have to be some kind of contortionist with salad fingers to change out thenpoxy bulbs.

Anyway bulbs are changed i took some pics but theyre so crappy you probably wont see a difference, but to me they look much better now.

Before:

After:

More to come…

Marticus:
More goodies:

Ed30 front splitter just arrived, so visit to the bodyshop will be innorder at some point soon..

Marticus:
And the last of todays goodies. New boot struts, and a mk7 front gti badge.

Horray for no more concussions when im taking things from the boot! Not sure yet how im going to get the badge to fit, but ill have a play with it .

Marticus:
boot struts are fitted, another easy job there. Thanks VW engineers!.

Also had lots of fun with the badge, which turned into its own mini project.

Firstly i had to remove the grill from the car, and then remove the old badge from the grill.

Looking at the old and new side by side theyre exactly the same size:

Unfortunately the method of fitting them to the grill is completely different on the back:

Fortunately the letters themselves are only stuck onto the backing plate with adhesive, so a bit of work with a stanly blade gets them off:

I cleaned up the old base before putting on the new letters:

And usednsome spray adhesive on the back of the letters before clamping them to the base to dry:

Whilst i was waiting for the glue to go off i cleaned up the grill a bit and finally after a lot of clean up on the badge because spray glue is messy, i refitted the badge to the grill:

And thats it, fun little project and a nice change for an hour or so worth of work. I will eventually repaint the entire grill in gloss black and maybe change out the big vw badge as im slowly dechroming as much as i can, but for now im happy.

Marticus:
Ovenight parts from japan…or Germany.

Ramair induction kit and h&r coilovers, i hadnt planned on spending this much money so fast, but i bought the coilovers open box for under €600 so they were hard to pass up.

I might have a go at fitting the induction kit myself, but will probably need some help with the coilovers so they can wait, also going to double check the suspension and see if anything else needs replacing while im there..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version