All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Marticus' Red GTI

<< < (6/11) > >>

Marticus:
Fitted the front lip today, and as a good friend once said about his ex, its nice from afar, but far from nice.

If funds allow i may get it painted proffessionally, but it will do.

Today ive also ordered an s3 intercooler, and som 3m interior wrap. Im trying to de-chrome the car, and whilst the silver isnt chrome i want to tone it down a bit anyway, but i didnt want to do carbon as its been done loads, so i picked up some dark brushed aluminium look, hopefully it will look half decent.

If anyones done it before, let me know if you managed it with the trim in place of if its better to remove it first.

Marticus:
Vinyl wrap arrived today and i couldnt resist trying it.

Before

After

Im pretty happy with that, looks OEM but less shiny which was my goal. Unfortunately i ordered the wrong dimensions and the peice i have isnt long enough for the door cards, but i will use this for the smaller bits, and do the rest later.

Marticus:
Just for some practice and a bit of fun i thought i wouldtry and wrap one of the grotty old door handle / switch consoles, this will be getting replaced anyway but it was a good way to learn what works and what doesnt.

Marticus:

S3 intercooler arrived today, and this will probably be the last big purchase for a while,

I had planned on maybe stage 2, but repairs have eaten into that budget now, intake, intercooler, and coil overs is a good start though I think. I'm still considering options for brakes as well, as that's probably most important for track time

Marticus:
Tonights victim of wrapping was the gear shift surround.

I started this with the intention of getting rid of as much silver as possible, but when i looked at the trim and saw hiw scratched it was i decided that should be done.

And of course as soon as i started washing it, i ended up with this:

And after 20 minutes with the hairdryer and razerblade this is what im left with

Its far from perfect, there are a few bubbles and around the gear indicator letters is still a mess and will need some more work, but its an improvement.

The only question now is what to do with the silver trim that i was supposed to be getting rid of.

Maybe carbon wrap, or just matt black paint. Not sure yet, if anyone has a suggestion let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version