All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Marticus' Red GTI

<< < (7/11) > >>

Marticus:
Spent a couple more hours on the car today,

Finished wrapping the silver trim:

And start refitting everything to the car:

And finally dragged the car out of the garage to get a look at the front lip in the daylight.

As you can see now the color match sucks, im liking the look but it will need repainting and color matching properly at some point.

Tomorrow off to the mechanic again for the new alternator and a few other small bits and then im really hoping she will be solid.

Marticus:
Today i gave the car a quick rinse off at the jetwash, and noticed that there was some rust on the exhaust tips, so i spent a couple of hours this evening with my fingers deep up a backbox…

Stupidly i didnt get a before picture so youll have to take my word for it when i say it was rough.

This was after washing and scrubbing with a course scrubbing pad.

And i attempted to finish it there with some polish on a fine pad but realised i hadnt got a lot of the corrosion.

So out came the sand paper, starting at 320 grit.

And working my way through 600, 1k, 2k, and some polish.

They still dont look great, theres some corrosion that even the 320 wouldnt get out, so ill keep an eye on it but for now its better, if not perfect.

Now i got to deal with the mess

Marticus:
Decided i needed some me time in the garage last night, had planned to spend an hour doing some tidying up and bits and bobs, but 4 hours later i ended up with the induction kit fitted  :grin:

I also removed the under bonnet insulation, because i though i might want the extra noise. How wrong i was, this thing is obnoxiously loud lol.

I was really not prepared for what a difference this would make, it sounds like that hoover from the teletubbies has moved in under the bonnet.

Scheero1312:
I have the same intake lmao

Marticus:

--- Quote from: Scheero1312 on March 13, 2023, 11:15:13 am ---I have the same intake lmao

--- End quote ---

How do you like it?

I was a bit unsure the first time I went out for a drive, but I'm actually quite enjoying it now. I think it might be a bit jarring for me if this was my daily driver, but it's a lot of fun getting on and off the gas and hearing the turbo spool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version