All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Marticus' Red GTI

<< < (8/11) > >>

Marticus:
My line of credit is running out fast but this needs doing sooner or later.

New dmf.

Ive also picked up a set of s3 340mm brake calipers, which are on the way.

So next up is discs, pads, fluid, then some new tyres, some bits and bobs for the suspension.

And the alternator needs replacing at some point…. Oh and the dreaded p099 underboost error as shown up again, so maybe a new turbo…

damn, who knew project cars are so expensive  :grin:

Marticus:

Postman just dropped these off.

Marticus:
All new hardware, top mounts etc for the suspension just turned up in the mail.

Getting close now!

Marticus:
Brake discs and pads arrived today,

Nothing special, just zimmerman oem replacements, but will do to get everything fitted and tested.

Marticus:
Recently I realised that the brakes I bought had rust on the bolts.

Nothing terrible, but I figured there was no point in leaving it to spread under the nice new powder coat.
So tore them down and gave the bolts a soak overnight in rust converter.
Then scrubbed them down to remove any loose surface rust before putting them back in the rust converter for a fer more hours.
Lastly I cleaned them off with white spirit before giving the heads a coat of zinc primer.
I had previously don't the same to the brackets for the back of the calipers.

Next up is to repeat the process with the threads in the calipers themselves, to make sure there's no rust sitting.

Also on Tuesday I've got new tyres arriving, so will sent those along with the wheels for fitting and balancing etc.

And later in the week I have a buddy from England arriving to help me fitting the suspension, brakes, and maybe intercooler and some other small bits and pieces depending on how long it all takes.

May also try to whip off the turbo and see if anything can be done about the underboost error.

It's going to be a busy week!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version