Make a donation

Author Topic: Steve's 3dr Mk5 GTI - SW London  (Read 2416 times)

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
Re: Steve's 3dr Mk5 GTI - SW London
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2024, 10:43:39 am »
 :happy2:

Offline Enigmatik

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2024, 03:39:44 pm »
Another update...

I had a REVO Stage 2 done by Gavin at VAS Motion in Guildford a couple of months back. Unfortunately no dyno printout, but I could immediately feel the difference!

Gavin mentioned that the REVO Stage 1 tune I had was doing 4/5 of bugger all due to issues with fueling in the map - apparently disconnecting the battery can do this (I swapped out the battery a year or so back), which was something I really didn't know about tunes!?

In terms of driveability, I can feel some low down torque is missing and I need to drop some extra fuel when pulling off, most of the torque only kicks in >3k rpm. Totally happy with the tune though and just need to get used to it. One thing is I felt like the power was really snappy for a month or so and then settled down to something a little tamer - can anyone else relate?

I've also canned the REVO induction kit. With it now being a daily I'm actually enjoying the quieter ride with stock airbox and ITG filter.

Next step is paint. Any recommendations for affordable quality paint and panel guys in Surrey would be appreciated!

Offline Enigmatik

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2024, 03:41:32 pm »
A little up to date shot of her out in the wild   :P