Make a donation

Author Topic: Coming Home!  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Coming Home!
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:33:27 pm »
Hi all.  I've just bought my 2nd MK5 Golf GTI.  I bought a black 3 door back in 2005 new but with the arrival of kids etc made the biggest mistake of my life and sold it just short of 3 years later in favour of a Land Rover Freelander 2.  Land Rover was pricey to maintain and reliability bugs galore so decided to stick a sensible head on and get a Honda Civic (standard not Type R).  I've had the Honda for a couple of years now but at best would rate it as average - suspension and refinement particularly poor.  Always kept my eye on GTI's (always black).  Last week spotted a 56 plate, 20,000 miler in 5 door for £12990.  A few phone calls and a test drive andI'm in love all over again.  Signed on the line and picking the car up on Tues/Weds - literally can't wait.  Was so good getting back in that car, the quality etc it's a place you want to be.  Very clean example, when I sold mine it had done 20,000miles so I wanted one with no more mileage to still get the new car feel.  The interior is mint, not a bean of wear on the side bolsters of the seats. 

My 3 year old son shares a love for a black GTI and always points them out when were out and about.  He's beside himself now he knows we are getting one to the point where his eyes fill up with tears when I come home in the Civic - last night he said 'But Daddy, I REALLY don't like Honda's'!  Me too!

Here's to the best all round car money can buy.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Coming Home!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:37:40 pm »
Well done mate.  :happy2:  :congrats:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

gaz b

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:41:19 pm »

Result!  :congrats:   

Welcome back! :driver:

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 01:15:40 pm »
Cheers guys - can't wait.  Spent a bit of time on here looking at various threads - everyone seems to 'mod' there cars!  I might disappoint, i'm all about standard everything - if VW didn't design the GTI that way who am I to change it.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:28:41 pm »
Mine is a black 5 door. All i've done is fit a Milltek cat back non res exhaust & edition 30 wheels.  :smiley:  :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Saint Steve

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 03:10:33 pm »
Great News and Welcome Back!!

Tis a hard car to give up, My sig pic tells the story, the same as you  :wink:

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 04:14:42 pm »
4 GTI's? Wowsers!

Saint Steve

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 05:58:19 pm »
lol , no just 3 :grin:, the Red one with Black wheels is a Testiment to what this website does to youre wallet over time :laugh:

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 09:26:37 pm »
Could be a thread in it's own right to find who has owned the most MK5 GTI's.  Have you had other cars in between or just swapped from one to another?!

Can't wait to pick mine up, I'm instantly inspired to book a holiday in Cornwall to get a good 8 hour through the night drive in.  Did that in the old one and loved it (just stocked up on the red bulls).

Saint Steve

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 07:24:50 am »
Had a Passat 170 dsg estate in between my 1st GTi (blue) nto steel grey GTi (2nd GTi) :scared:

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »
Car's got the added bonus of the VW iPod adaptor being fitted.  Anyone any views on this?  I've heard about the terribly restrictive play options (just setting up some playlists in anticipation).  Anything will be a bonus after the FM Transmitter rubbish I have been putting up with in the Civic for the last year - impossible to not have a level of background hiss so providing this adaptor has decent sound qualityI will be a happy man.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 10:11:43 am »
Hi all.  I've just bought my 2nd MK5 Golf GTI.  I bought a black 3 door back in 2005 new but with the arrival of kids etc made the biggest mistake of my life and sold it just short of 3 years later in favour of a Land Rover Freelander 2.  Land Rover was pricey to maintain and reliability bugs galore so decided to stick a sensible head on and get a Honda Civic (standard not Type R).  I've had the Honda for a couple of years now but at best would rate it as average - suspension and refinement particularly poor.  Always kept my eye on GTI's (always black).  Last week spotted a 56 plate, 20,000 miler in 5 door for £12990.  A few phone calls and a test drive andI'm in love all over again.  Signed on the line and picking the car up on Tues/Weds - literally can't wait.  Was so good getting back in that car, the quality etc it's a place you want to be.  Very clean example, when I sold mine it had done 20,000miles so I wanted one with no more mileage to still get the new car feel.  The interior is mint, not a bean of wear on the side bolsters of the seats. 

My 3 year old son shares a love for a black GTI and always points them out when were out and about.  He's beside himself now he knows we are getting one to the point where his eyes fill up with tears when I come home in the Civic - last night he said 'But Daddy, I REALLY don't like Honda's'!  Me too!

Here's to the best all round car money can buy.

Thats just great Kemosabi,  :smiley:

This thread should have had a "Once upon a time" at the beginning and a "And they all lived happily ever after" at the end.

Sounds like you found a beauty mate  :happy2:

I was gonna sell my ED30 and get an S3 a while ago but I have decided to keep the ED30 (for another 2yrs) and start really enjoying it. (some track days etc) :driver:

Here's to many happy years of motoring  :drinking:   

....sorry for all the smilies  :ashamed: 

:laugh:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 10:17:34 am »
Cheers guys - can't wait.  Spent a bit of time on here looking at various threads - everyone seems to 'mod' there cars!  I might disappoint, i'm all about standard everything - if VW didn't design the GTI that way who am I to change it.

Heard that before mate.  :laugh:

Just start off with some H&R or Eibach 30mm lowering spring. They make such a HUGE difference, you will honestly think your standard car was on stilts.

Don't forget to post some pictures of the car!

Nasir

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 02:22:45 pm »
Car's got the added bonus of the VW iPod adaptor being fitted.  Anyone any views on this?  I've heard about the terribly restrictive play options (just setting up some playlists in anticipation).  Anything will be a bonus after the FM Transmitter rubbish I have been putting up with in the Civic for the last year - impossible to not have a level of background hiss so providing this adaptor has decent sound qualityI will be a happy man.

The sound quality is good, just as good as CD. Set up playlists 1-5 with your music on, upto 99 tracks per playlist. CD6 is a play all tracks on ipod feature and I usually shuffle these.

Offline steve2385

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 05:54:39 pm »
HI

Sounds like weve been in the same boat upon the arrival of kids and went for vehicles other than a Golf...Ive now owned 5 GTi's over the years and just bought an 08 edition 30 Gti having eventually convinced the wife its the right choice after driving an 05 Toyota Rav 4 and 55 ford focus Zeatec (YUk)

Looking forward to picking it up Thursday this week hopefully so thought Id join this forum..looks like a good site with loads of experience