Make a donation

Author Topic: Coming Home!  (Read 5708 times)

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Coming Home!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »
Nasir - How do you shuffle playlist 6? (i.e. everything on there?) sounds like it will no doubt become a preferred option.  To be honest, for free I can more than live with that system (although let's see what I'm saying in 6 months!)

Monte - No worries re the smilies - that's how i'm feeling!  Either picking the car up tom afternoon or Weds morning.  Will get some piccies up when I can (it will be standard for the forseeable future! - I have no idea what you said to me re the lowering, different lingo!  :grin:).  Let's hope it is a happy end to the story!

Steve - Very similar boats!  Good work with the Ed 30.  Do you know when they first came out I wasn't overly keen, preferred the stock GTI.  Appreciated the body coloured bumpers but the wheels although a great design didn't suit the car as much as the Mmonza's.  I have to say since then the look has nothing but grown on me, love them.  Golf ball gearstick as well - what colour did you go for?

Only problem I have is I'm so wary of being ripped off with a clone or somet.  See below the action I took when looking into this car, I'll run through the spec and price then what I did to put my mind at ease. 

56 plate, black (metallic) 5 dr GTI - standard in every way except iPod Interface and mud flaps
21,000 miles
2 owners, just serviced, mot'd.
£12,980 - seemed a good deal to me, interior literally as new

I thus far have checked:
HPI report - all clean
VIN numbers below window, under bonnet (dirty, no sign of being touched - that said, wouldn't mind a picture of what this should look like to compare against if anyone has)
Asked for previous owners number (checked against V5).  Spoke to previous owner for 30 mins on phone who was from Scotland - top guy, had nothing but good things to say about car, he bought a year a go with 10k on clock, did another 10k motorway then sold (checked reasons for sale, appear genuine and no reason to lie!)

Dealership have been spot on - autovip.co.uk - check the website (car is still on there), they deal mainly in prestige cars, dealer confirmed don't normally sell VW but were offered this one and was impeccable so bought.

Anything else I should be checking or am I just paranoid?  £12,980 strikes me as a good deal - not too good to be dodgy?  Nothing has felt dodgy, rear driver door sticks a little on opening - from what I can tell neither previous owner had kids so doesn't sound like it has been used much.  When I spoke to previous owner he did mention that without prompt that he had noticed it when he bought it but again it was a car purely to take him to work so again no usage.  Panels etc look fine and I'm sure a bit of WD40 will cure as it is minor.

I get like this with every second hand car I buy (better to be safe suppose!).  Even the Honda Civic when I bought that from a Honda main dealer I went through a similar exercise!

Big post - sorry.  as mentioned, I'm really built up for this car!  :smiley:

Offline steve2385

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 06:41:35 pm »
Dont blame you for being paranoid parting with a lot of dosh, but does sound like you got a great deal. Ive got the metallic black ED30 which other than the standard extras for the model is pretty basic. Would have liked Xenons and maybe a sunroof and a Sat nav/ bluetooth head unit with multi changer would have been desirable but I suppose I can add the head unit and ipod connector when i get it home.

Bought mine for £17500 from a VW dealer, probably top end but payed the extra for main dealer and that extra piece of mind i suppose. Bought 5 Gti's over the last (almost 18 years) and just love em.

My Mk1 had the interlargos interia and golf ball gear stick so brought back many happy memories of a top car I wish I still had today.

Will post some pics of it when I pick it up, when do you get yours?

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 10:53:18 pm »
Steve - picked mine up yesterday afternoon. Sweet, need to get some pic's on here but have been too busy driving!  Had today off work also.  Added bonus which I didn't realise is I have heated seats.  You getting your tomorrow?  All the best for that!

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 01:43:33 pm »
Welcome to the forum!  :drinking:

Enjoyable read too!  :grin: Glad to see your out enjoying it in the sunshine and not on here!  :laugh:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 03:12:50 pm »
Steve glad your happy with the car, sounds like a good deal, bought mine a couple of months back, 05 GTI leather xenons with 27k for £13 so a good deal all round.  If you have heathed seats but not the leather then its likely you have the winter pack so you should have headlamp washers as well, larger washer bottle and low washer warning.  :happy2:

If you have you should see two cut outs on the front rubbing strips that hide the washing system, and if you switch lights on and clean the screen they will activate.

Enjoy the driving, and you have the best weather for playing with and keeping your new baby clean  :driver:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline steve2385

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 03:26:27 pm »
Gutted, not going to be able to pick mine up until a week today  :sad1: The alloy wheel has to be sent of for repair due to the previous lady owner scuffing it on the nsf alloy.....argghhhh

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 10:01:28 pm »
RichN83 - Good Shoooout!  Bonus, you're spot on.  I saw the washer fluid yellow symbol come on briefly as part of the start up earlier, remember thinking 'don't remember having that on the old GTI' - that would be why - winter pack.  Think neighbours think I'm mental at 10pm dragging my wife out to examine whether the headlights get a spray - bone dry evening n all.  Couldn't resist having a peak myself and of course got soaked - never mind, well worth it.  Is there anything better than buying a car and realising after the event some bonus goodies that the seller didn't even pick up on?

Steve - can only imagine the pain mate!  It will be all the sweeter when it does arrive.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 08:11:32 am »
Welcome along matey  :pomppomp: :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 09:27:59 am »
Excellent news mate,  :pomppomp: you sound like you've got a little beauty there.  I had a little blast out in mine last night, with the windows down for the first time since getting the car and the noise is brilliant hearing the exhaust and the DSG pop when shifting, followed by turbo spin down.  Truly awesome cars!  :driver:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 10:05:03 pm »
A couple of pics from a trip to the Yorkshire Dales today - great day, great drive, love this car  .  Dirty now as have done 200miles, next weekend reserved for a good clean.

Nasir

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 10:30:00 pm »
Sorry mate just seen this, car looks lovely btw. If you haven't already found it, it's the 'mix' button on the top left. Wait a couple of seconds till the first track of the ipod plays then press it. To be honest it's not the best ipod interface but its quite good once you get use to it.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 08:59:38 am »
Car looks awesome Kemo, in the best (and fastest) colour  :wink:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 10:36:13 am »
Kemosabi.....can you tell me what program you used for swirling up the number plate?

Offline Kemosabi1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »
It's in the editing option within 'PhotoBucket' Monte.  Just uploaded my pics as per the guide - first time I've done it.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 06:36:29 pm »
Cheers buddy  :happy2: