Make a donation

Author Topic: Adjusting main beam on R32 Xenons  (Read 345 times)

Offline HughOR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
Adjusting main beam on R32 Xenons
« on: March 01, 2023, 07:04:42 pm »
My GTI is fitted with xenons. The main beam is way up in the trees but the dip beam is decent. I found a guide on how to adjust the main and dip beam independently, which seems to fit my problem perfectly, albeit for a US jetta: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/adjustment-procedure-for-jetta-high-beam-aiming-problem.169800/

However, this how-to uses a 4mm (or 5/32) socket to make the adjustment (L3 in the guide). My issues is that a 4, 4.5, or 5mm socket is not doing the job here. I looked closely and the adjuster seems to need a five-point socket, and Mr Google isn't throwing up any appropriate sockets. So, long shot, but has anyone come across either adjusting main beam on R32 headlight or 5-point sockets in a very small size?

Offline Sebas_theFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Adjusting main beam on R32 Xenons
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 02:08:53 am »
It's just an Allen key or hex bit. I used a normal Allen key to do mine.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge

Offline Miki88

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 08:20:01 pm »
Hi, If you look at the following posts to the linked guide, the tool used by one poster was an inverted 4mm socket cap screw of a reasonable length.
Two threaded locked nuts allows for a small socket to turn it as required.

Offline spiritdust

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 08:35:27 pm »
Sadly to adjust level you need vagcom or other kind of scanner, you need to go to settings and enable xenon level adjustment so that system could save it, mine were adjusted by workshop (without program) and I was bliding everyone lol