Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG kangarooing in 2nd gear  (Read 1451 times)

Offline DurinsBane117

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: DSG kangarooing in 2nd gear
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2023, 08:47:53 am »
Thanks for the responses guys.

I'll speak to the garage and see if they can do the solenoids and not the clutch packs. £2k is more than I was expecting for the fix I'd rather not replace the parts that don't actually need replacing yet.

Tbh I don't drive it long distances too often so I'm not experiencing the issues everytime I drive but I do want to sort them, I've already spent a fair amount on general maintenance and a few mods over the past year. Not had any other major issues with it apart from this one 🤞 been kept well and serviced every year by the pervious owner, I'm only the 2nd to own the car.

I'll give those people a call too and see what they advise.

Will update this until I get the issue sorted!

Hi there just wondering if you got this sorted?

Not yet. Keeping my eye out for a decent secondhand box but not in a rush.

I don't really get the issue too often as I don't do too many long journeys.

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2023, 09:42:53 am »

I'll speak to the garage and see if they can do the solenoids and not the clutch packs. £2k is more than I was expecting for the fix I'd rather not replace the parts that don't actually need replacing yet.

Tbh I don't drive it long distances too often so I'm not experiencing the issues everytime I drive but I do want to sort them, I've already spent a fair amount on general maintenance and a few mods over the past year. Not had any other major issues with it apart from this one 🤞 been kept well and serviced every year by the pervious owner, I'm only the 2nd to own the car.

Yeah same situation here. Got a few coming up though so i'm worrying a little bit!

Offline DurinsBane117

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2023, 10:15:13 am »

Yeah same situation here. Got a few coming up though so i'm worrying a little bit!

U could try putting the car in manual mode, I usually do this when it starts jerking as I come to a stop u can then downshift as needed but it will still downshift to first gear for u, I find it doesn't jerk as much this way