Make a donation

Author Topic: Whats my STG3 Edition30 worth  (Read 667 times)

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 16
Whats my STG3 Edition30 worth
« on: July 03, 2023, 04:06:34 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm looking at parting with my STG3 ED30, and would value opinions as to what its worth. Spec and mods below

Spec
Black 5dr DSG
165k miles
4 previous owners 3rd had car for 4 years, 4th for 7 years, I have owned for 2.5yrs
May 2008 Registered
Build number 2198
No rust anywhere
Bodywork in immaculate condition given the age and mileage and has been detailed and ceramic coated by me as I am a part time detailer.
Arch liners were removed, and all minor surface rust treated, then sprayed with Hammerite.
Interior is again very clean, but the usual drivers seat bolster issue, and has slight tare
Service history is part VW part Indie, with a box folder full of bills etc
DSG box fully rebuilt by Milta Technology Aug 2021 @ 152k

Mods
STG3 venom 450 Hybrid conversion carried out by R-Tech Feb 2022 @155k miles - 433hp 412tq (bills & graphs to prove from R-tech will be supplied)
DSG map by Niki @ R-Tech with increased clamping pressures
The following work/fitting was also carried out a the same time
REVO induction kit
New Thermostat
Runner flap delete
Inlet walnut blast clean
New camchain/tensioner
Oil sump and pick up pipe cleaned and refreshed
VIS Balance shaft delete
Trackslag 90mm de-cat DP
New Coil packs
New rocker cover gasket
4xNGK BKR 7eix spark plugs
Custom BCS resonated non valved sports exhaust

Other Mods
Airtec STG3 I/C
Brand new fan pack
Brand new AC condenser (Freezing A/C)
Fully reconditioned S3 front calipers with Brembo 345mm drilled/grooved discs and pads fitted @164k miles
New rear calipers with brembo drilled/groved discs & pads
Custom Xenon headlights from Tim Russell @ Golfskylinemods
New front bumper
Tailgate window and rear door windows tinted
Black VW tailgate badge
LED number plate & reversing lights
RCD330 head unit with wireless Apple Car Play
FULL AND COMPLETE front & rear suspension overhaul, replaced with OEM parts
PowerFlex Anti Lift kit
PowerFlex Dogbone insert
New engine mounts
Passat Alloy arms
Full Hunter 4 wheel laser alignment

I've prob missed a few bits, but you get the idea. Car has had oil changes every 5k and the last owner did the same.
It drives like a new car and is Ballistically quick and a joy to drive
So people what you think its worth. Don't be put off by the mileage as Niki said the engine is in great condition due to many many 5k oil changes during its life
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 05:18:23 pm by ljc19630 »

Offline 09Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,133619.0.html
Re: Whats my STG3 Edition30 worth
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 11:50:38 pm »
here in nz a ed35 stg3 very similar to your set up venom 450 sold and it went for $30K NZD ($15K-$17K pounds) it has around 80Ks tho, i would say you could get about $10K-$13K pounds for yours
2009 Pirelli Edition Stage 2+

Offline breeze

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 09:11:27 pm »
Sounds like a nice car. You haven't said it has been forged and from the torque figure I am guessing not. So it is really whatever the Venom 450 is worth on top of a higher mileage Stage 2+ car.

This spec and miles as a 2+ car I'd guess £7k? So with the Venom 450 perhaps £8k or a little more? Stock might be £6k. I'm talking sold price, not advertised price.

We pour money into these things but mileage has a massive impact on the price. I also think that most people buying a modified car will expect more in the way of suspension. That said nice to see some quality stuff like the Airtec, the BCS, the Revo and obviously the turbo.

If you have original parts it may be worth going back to standard-ish.

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 10:02:27 am »
I think it all depends on how soon you need to sell it.

If you are in no hurry I'd advertise it for 10k and see how much interest you get. You can then adjust the price or not depending on if you're still ok with not needing it to sell quickly.

If you want it gone soon then I advertise at 8k.

Regardless, the mileage unfortunately will put some off, especially now it's at that power. In any advert I'd list the times and dates of each oil change, it's the only way to attempt to counter the mileage. Maybe do a wet and dry compression test and put those images in the ad?

It sounds a very well sorted car in good conditon with proven high power.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 08:40:11 pm »
Yeah I'd agree with £10K as a starting point as it's got all the goodies on it, which most ED30 buyers would want to do anyway. Realistically I think £8.5K is achievable because of the mileage.  Just depends on finding the right buyer, but if it's minty fresh inside and out, that will definitely help with the value.

I got £2.3K for mine as a trade in with 178K on it  :grin:  Mileage is a killer in terms of value I'm afraid.  It was standard other than Revo 1 and a Helix clutch though, so not in the same league as yours.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D