Make a donation

Author Topic: Clutch slip  (Read 33297 times)

Offline Leeds s3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Clutch slip
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2009, 05:17:35 pm »
it wont slip in stock but if its been slipping it might be best to change it then its a fit and forget about it and i will have a new stock vw clutch disc for sale as i dont need it

Like he said, in std mode mine was fine but when i put it in race map it would slip. Now they normally test the car in 3rd gear at vag as this will show if the car is mapped or not.

To get around this just before i went to the dealer i left the car in race map and slipped the clutch with plenty of revs a few times to make it slip quite badly then put it back to standard and quickly got a techy to come out and they notived the slip.
Many BMW'S and one bog standard MK5 3dr Golf GTI.

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2009, 05:43:31 pm »
i would do it, but financial constraits and young family really dictate my choice

same as me  :happy2: boy turns 2 on the 17th and i am at vw racing on the 19th :rolleye:

You're just as irresponsible as me then  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2009, 05:46:29 pm »
i would do it, but financial constraits and young family really dictate my choice

I've got those considerations too and sort of realised yesterday that I need to calm down a bit... so I'll have to mod the car over the next 12 months instead of all at once.  By the time I've finished, I could have got another Ed30  :surprised:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2009, 05:55:20 pm »
it wont slip in stock but if its been slipping it might be best to change it then its a fit and forget about it and i will have a new stock vw clutch disc for sale as i dont need it

Like he said, in std mode mine was fine but when i put it in race map it would slip. Now they normally test the car in 3rd gear at vag as this will show if the car is mapped or not.

To get around this just before i went to the dealer i left the car in race map and slipped the clutch with plenty of revs a few times to make it slip quite badly then put it back to standard and quickly got a techy to come out and they notived the slip.

Surprise surprise - no slip in stock at all - not a sniff  :sad: So gutted  :sad: Well, see what it does over the weekend and then I'll go back to superchips.  Hopefully they'll ask me to go up for a session to set the car up.  2nd gear in stock is also way better that remapped - I get wheel spin in second when not remapped ! What is going on  :confused:

Gareth :happy2:

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2009, 06:37:20 pm »
I get wheel spin in second when not remapped ! What is going on  :confused:

Thats normal in this weather  :happy2:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2009, 08:05:26 pm »

Yes I know that lol ! It's just that 2nd gear when remapped is really really gutless, power is better in 2nd with no remap

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2009, 08:07:29 pm »

Yes I know that lol ! It's just that 2nd gear when remapped is really really gutless, power is better in 2nd with no remap

strange mine pulls like a b1tch in 2nd gear  :driver:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2009, 08:08:26 pm »
Mine doesn't at all, its a lot slower than standard .... a LOT SLOWER than standard

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2009, 08:10:39 pm »
you'd think after 3 attempts with diferent maps, that it would fix it??, why dont they have your car in and investigate further Gareth?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2009, 08:12:03 pm »
Mine doesn't at all, its a lot slower than standard .... a LOT SLOWER than standard

thats a problem with the mapping if you ask me

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2009, 08:18:06 pm »
you'd think after 3 attempts with diferent maps, that it would fix it??, why dont they have your car in and investigate further Gareth?

Yes indeed thats what I'm hoping for ... we'll see what they say on Monday

thats a problem with the mapping if you ask me

Tell me about it - really not a happy chicken at moment ...

Regards,

Gareth  :happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2009, 08:29:15 pm »
Gareth, id put on your lovelly Golf GTi jacket   :wink: and go give em sh!t Monday morning!

Good luck getting it sorted, and keep us inbred's in here informed  :happy2:

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2009, 08:32:03 pm »
Get a refund and go revo :evilgrin:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2009, 08:32:33 pm »
 :signLOL: that did make me chuckle !! Thanks for the cheer up  :drinking:

Gareth  :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2009, 08:32:42 pm »
Get a refund and go revo :evilgrin:

i was going to say that  :signLOL: