Make a donation

Author Topic: Clutch slip  (Read 33305 times)

Offline Leeds s3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Clutch slip
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2009, 10:45:15 pm »
fair play that is kind of on the limit for the std item, i just thought id get another std one fitted for free and even if i only get a few thousand miles out of its still worth it.

You not fancy running an evoms with your other mods?
Many BMW'S and one bog standard MK5 3dr Golf GTI.

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2009, 10:47:17 pm »
u got one if so i could be up for one as i have been thinking of an intake as its on the list  :smiley:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2009, 11:19:55 pm »
I want an intake too :smiley:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2009, 11:20:40 pm »
Will the shortshift fit a 2008 car. Im sure i remember reading that the forge shortshift kit doesnt fit my2008 cars?

No!! Don't even attempt it! Trust me!!!!!!!!!

I take it you have tried to fit one on yours?
Whats different about the 2008 boxes?

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline Leeds s3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2009, 11:20:59 pm »
lol i do but its staying put, deffo worth it though as i certainly felt a small gain plus the sound is nice. Try statller in Sheffield as the had some in stock.
Many BMW'S and one bog standard MK5 3dr Golf GTI.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2009, 09:58:40 am »
Will the shortshift fit a 2008 car. Im sure i remember reading that the forge shortshift kit doesnt fit my2008 cars?

No!! Don't even attempt it! Trust me!!!!!!!!!

I take it you have tried to fit one on yours?
Whats different about the 2008 boxes?

You have a PM.

With regard to whats different - the clip design that secures the cable to the shifter arms has changed, and some other little things with how the shifter arm connects to the centre pivot shaft.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2009, 11:18:52 am »

It's as Kev at Revo says: Each one of us needs to draw our own line in the sand and not step over it.

:happy2:

The problem is that a line in the sand is easy to rub out and place further down the line.  My initial intention was for a Revo Stage 1 remap and a Forge DV to be sensible and safe... now I'm on Revo Stage 2+ and yesterday found myself looking at G2871R turbos  :surprised: :surprised:  and Revo Stage 3...  I'm not going to go there though as I don't want to start messing with the internal engine parts - its Karl's fault as he spoke to me about the S3 that had the conversion done at Santa Pod and was getting sub-12s 1/4 mile times  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2009, 11:55:31 am »

It's as Kev at Revo says: Each one of us needs to draw our own line in the sand and not step over it.

The problem is that a line in the sand is easy to rub out and place further down the line.  My initial intention was for a Revo Stage 1 remap and a Forge DV to be sensible and safe... now I'm on Revo Stage 2+ and yesterday found myself looking at G2871R turbos  :surprised: :surprised:  and Revo Stage 3...  I'm not going to go there though as I don't want to start messing with the internal engine parts - its Karl's fault as he spoke to me about the S3 that had the conversion done at Santa Pod and was getting sub-12s 1/4 mile times  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

He got  a 12.7 in the end mate.. I think that a sub 12 second run is possible with that car though, its mental fast! Though I was going to be the first in the UK to go big turbo DSG lol..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2009, 09:28:30 pm »
Excuse my ignorance on all things clutches  :signIWS:

But what's the difference between the Paddle clutch and the likes of the sachs organic clutch  :confused: :confused:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2009, 11:43:20 pm »
Excuse my ignorance on all things clutches  :signIWS:

But what's the difference between the Paddle clutch and the likes of the sachs organic clutch  :confused: :confused:

The organic clutch plate is a large plate.. It looks like this..

http://zentekno.com/15f/images/clutch_plate.JPG

This is a paddle clutch

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/images/productlarge/AP_Racing_6_Paddle_Clutch_Drive_plate_only.jpg

The advantage of a paddle plate over an organic drive plate is that the clamping force is higher due to the smaller surface area. The downside is that it makes the engagement pretty sudden.

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2009, 12:22:38 am »

He got  a 12.7 in the end mate.. I think that a sub 12 second run is possible with that car though, its mental fast! Though I was going to be the first in the UK to go big turbo DSG lol..

Was there a car at the Pod that posted a sub-12s time?  I thought there was, but maybe I was thinking too much about sub-12s times and dreaming  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2009, 12:24:25 am »

Was there a car at the Pod that posted a sub-12s time?  I thought there was, but maybe I was thinking too much about sub-12s times and dreaming  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Nothing that I saw apart from a turbo Civic type R on drag slicks!

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2009, 12:35:46 am »

Well if thats the case, then your 12.98s time is amazing then as his S3 has the advantages of 4wd and a monster turbo  :surprised:   I'm beginning to think that the Edition 30 is a really special car...

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2009, 02:35:17 am »
Hmmm .... worrying stuff, yet another post remap issue - makes me wonder how other manufacturers such as Ford & Vauxhall can offer they cars already with aftermarket remaps from dealer without without the hassle some of us seem to be getting here.

Regards,

Gareth

....I don't know the details but I expect that the dealer's aftermarket remaps are probably 'only' Stage1 and so are still well within the factory tolerances, whereas a lot of the guys here are pushing the envelope further and can expect to have issues, especially without some important mechanical mods.

I think the GTi's here suffering with clutch issues are also only stage 1.  My stage 1 ED30 should be around the 290 - 300 bhp and similar torque figures.  Just getting concerned.

Regards,

Gareth

Hmmm .... worrying stuff, yet another post remap issue - makes me wonder how other manufacturers such as Ford & Vauxhall can offer they cars already with aftermarket remaps from dealer without without the hassle some of us seem to be getting here.

Regards,

Gareth

i managed to get the clutch done under warranty (Audi s3) as it is a fault that vag are aware of. The car is running an evoms and giac software with no problems.

Maybe try your luck and see if you can get it for free unless your wanting to go silly power? I would have thort that being fwd the ed30 will be slightyly easier on the clutch anyway so you should see at least 20k if your running around 300bhp.

Bluefin stage 1 for 1 month, not overly impressed with it either for the fact that it has ruined 2nd gear accleration ... and now after 1500 miles, 3k 6th gear and clutch starting to slip ... ffs ... wish I'd never bothered with remap now ... between ECU lights flashing, misfires, 2nd gear spoilt and now clutch slipping ...  :confused: I dunno ... unimpressed is putting it mildly ... another phonecall to superchips AGAIN !

May just leave it and try getting it changed under warranty in the future - surely the dealer will smell a rat with a clutch slipping with 14000k on the clock  :surprised: :confused: :sad:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:17:45 am by SteveP »

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2009, 06:18:50 am »
^^^ Gareth, I edited your post so the quotes where visible  :happy2:

Have you tried the new map from SC yet???