Make a donation

Author Topic: Low pressure windscreen jets.  (Read 2998 times)

Offline GreigC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
Low pressure windscreen jets.
« on: December 12, 2023, 09:52:40 am »
Hi, I have an issue with my windscreen washer jets. They work… but initially when I press the stalk to operate the jets the pressure is so weak…. Then it bursts into life. I’ve removed both jets on the bonnet cleaned them and still the same issue. When I test the jets and look for any leaks under the bonnet I don’t see any. My xenon washer jets work no problem. Any common areas to check?

Thanks

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 50
Re: Low pressure windscreen jets.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 10:42:14 am »
I had a single weak jet and thought it was the jet, then thought the pump.........but it ended up being a cracked hose at the bend below the left bonnet hinge.

Replaced the pipe and full pressure returned
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline GreigC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 08:48:10 pm »
I had a single weak jet and thought it was the jet, then thought the pump.........but it ended up being a cracked hose at the bend below the left bonnet hinge.

Thanks for the reply….I’ll have another look. Do you have a part number for the pipe?

Offline terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 01:08:45 pm »

Thanks for the reply….I’ll have another look. Do you have a part number for the pipe?
Try this 1J0 955 998 F  Just ordered a replacement as the white elbows 3B0955665C on mine are cracked
 Lucky for me mine packed up 3 days after MOT day

Offline GreigC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 05:01:42 pm »

Try this 1J0 955 998 F  Just ordered a replacement as the white elbows 3B0955665C on mine are cracked
 Lucky for me mine packed up 3 days after MOT day

I’ve purchased a repair kit for the hose at the bonnet hinge. I’ll give this a go and report back. Thanks again for the replies and information.