Make a donation

Author Topic: BHP from just a remap?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Rhys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
BHP from just a remap?
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:28:54 pm »
Hi all;

Was planning on getting filter, exhaust and remap etc.  however would it be that much different to just a remap using standard filter exhaust?   

Also what BHP would be on the two?  As not sure i want to mod the car two much in performance though a remap to make it a bit more powerful that standard would be good.  So i could at least give the Civic Type R's bit of heels ;) lol

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: BHP from just a remap?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 06:38:17 pm »
Hi Rhys,

As a Milltek and REVO dealer with a MK5 and a dyno I get plenty of time to test parts / maps / upgrades etc...  I hate to say it but a filter and catback wont help at all, just increase noise.  If you plan on doing anything I would get a fuel pump and a good custom map followed by the BSH PCV fix and the later revision diverter valve. If you do plan on an exhaust get a full turbo back.

Others may disagree, but I have first hand experience of back to back dyno testing of most of the upgrades available for this engine and unless you plan on stage 2+ then the fuel pump and custom map will be fine.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »
do you have a gti or edition 30?

Offline Smudgster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:13:13 pm »
he has a std gti

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:26:07 pm »
im going turbo back exhaust and remap to begin with. after that slowly add things like fuel pump, FMIC, CAI

From what i have seen thats the best way to get the most power as quickly as poss for the best price...