Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI Boot Lid  (Read 290 times)

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
GTI Boot Lid
« on: June 10, 2024, 07:45:14 am »
Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a rusty tailgate so I've been on the look out for a reflex silver GTI bootlid that's rust free to swap over, and I just can't seem to get one.  There's loads of non GTI ones but changing the spoiler over looks like a really tricky job and I don't fancy tackling it.

Everytime I find one, or find someone breaking a silver GTI the boot lid as already gone.

So this is a just a quick post to see if there is anyone on here that's got one, or can point me in the right diretion...?  Happy to drive a few hours to collect, and I'm in Bingley (nearl Bradford/Leeds)

Chris

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 48
Re: GTI Boot Lid
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 07:54:15 am »
It is not just the spoiler but the glass too.  The early GTI's had blue not green glass and the early Golf's also had the radio antenna built into the glass where the later ones had a roof aerial.
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: GTI Boot Lid
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 10:36:52 am »
It is not just the spoiler but the glass too.  The early GTI's had blue not green glass and the early Golf's also had the radio antenna built into the glass where the later ones had a roof aerial.

Yeah I'm not too worried about radio as I've got a carplay headunit in my car, and blue or green glass; either is fine by me and better than a rusty boot!  I guess in an ideal world I'd get a late one to match my 58 plate car but beggers can't be choosers!