Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf Mk5 Leak What is it?  (Read 203 times)

Offline EduardV

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Golf Mk5 Leak What is it?
« on: June 22, 2024, 04:26:55 pm »
Hello guys, I am a new owner of an MK5 1.6 petrol engine, it’s been running with no issues so far apart from revving slightly when in neutral, but today I noticed something that worried me a bit more, I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars, so I thought this is a good place to ask about it. There is a leak I noticed from the middle section of the underbody. It came right from that hole in the photo, unfortunately I didn’t took a photo while it was leaking, it was a clear fluid with an oily feel to it. I though it might be engine oil, but why would it leak right from that place? If anyone has ever had this happen, please share if it is something serious that will require repair. I am also not sure if that hole is supposed to be there, that’s how I bought it.

Offline ZoliWorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Golf Mk5 Leak What is it?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2024, 10:59:46 am »
I think that's just the AC drain. Mine does it too.
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI BWA | Mk6 GTI Front | BorgWarner K04 Turbo | Ta-Technix Air Intake | Ta-Technix 200 Cell Downpipe | Stock Intercooler | Stock Injectors | Vis Motorsport 175 bar HPFP | 300hp

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 679
Re: Golf Mk5 Leak What is it?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2024, 01:18:59 pm »
Yeah that's a good candidate this time of year.  Coolant would be sticky, pink and smell sweet.  Oil would obviously be dark and slippery.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D