All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Oil recommendations for dsg service mk5

<< < (2/2)

pudding:
Febi is not an OE supplier.  For something as important as the gearbox, genuine oil only.

lazy:
I phoned TPS to get a DSG service kit and was asked did I want 5 or 6 litres, so asked for 6 just to make sure I had plenty. On all things I've seen and read it was saying usually 4.5 - 5 litres drains out. I'd noticed some oil gathering around the filter head so thought it was going to be a bit lower, but when I drained it roughly 3.4 litres came out so I thought it had lost a lot oil. Then when I came to fill it, it only took slightly more. Then I ran it up to the correct temperature and drained the excess off and I worked out it took roughly 3.6 litres. The work was carried out on a 2 post ramp so vehicle was level and I'm 100% positive it was done correctly, it's actually quite an easy job if you have an OBD scanner that can tell you the ATF temperature.
If anyone else has serviced DSG gearboxes I'd like to know is mine and outlier or is this a normal amount of oil. 

pudding:
The gearbox will take what it takes as it has that special levelling tube.  Some quoted capacities are dry rated, but oil changes will have residual fluid left in the box you can't get out.  So long as the fluid drips out at the prescribed temperature range, I wouldn't worry about it.  With DCT gearboxes, you will soon know if its under filled as the shifts will be jerky and terrible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version