All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Genuine cam follower unavailable

(1/6) > >>

lazy:
I've had a cam follower on order from TPS for a month. I chased it up yesterday and was told they don't know when they're going to be back in stock, they're waiting to hear from the factory. So I checked Awesome GTI and AKS and they were out of stock also. I'm unsure whether to get an aftermarket one or just wait, but it didn't sound like it was going to be anytime soon. I'm also concerned is there going to be any problems with quality with the new batch, are they maybe changing manufacturers.

Flyingscotsman:
I had one on back order from Awesome GTI. It arrived a couple of weeks ago. Worth back ordering if you can wait a little, as they seem to be able to fill the backorders as stock comes in.

I decided not to go aftermarket with an important component like this.

mjmallia:
You can also use the genuine Hitachi / Huco part as they built the pump

https://aftermarket.hitachiastemo.com/emea/en/news/HPP_EN_EMEA.pdf

Second page, far right

onewinger:

--- Quote from: lazy on July 17, 2024, 08:30:35 pm ---I've had a cam follower on order from TPS for a month. I chased it up yesterday and was told they don't know when they're going to be back in stock, they're waiting to hear from the factory. So I checked Awesome GTI and AKS and they were out of stock also. I'm unsure whether to get an aftermarket one or just wait, but it didn't sound like it was going to be anytime soon. I'm also concerned is there going to be any problems with quality with the new batch, are they maybe changing manufacturers.

--- End quote ---

I also have one on order with the local VW dealer since March. Reached to them earlier this week for them to tell me they had no ETA for the part after the original ETA was recalled by HQ   :rolleye:

lazy:

--- Quote from: mjmallia on July 18, 2024, 07:45:06 am ---You can also use the genuine Hitachi / Huco part as they built the pump

https://aftermarket.hitachiastemo.com/emea/en/news/HPP_EN_EMEA.pdf

Second page, far right

--- End quote ---
That might be the best way to go maybe they have stock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version