All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Genuine cam follower unavailable

<< < (3/6) > >>

lazy:
Also I'd like to thank everyone on here who told me me to do it because I was going to put it off until 100k miles, mainly because I'm lazy but also thought it was people worrying too much online and it getting blown out of proportion.
Anyway glad I've done it now.
Thanks again.

dennis10:

--- Quote from: lazy on August 16, 2024, 07:12:23 am ---Also I'd like to thank everyone on here who told me me to do it because I was going to put it off until 100k miles, mainly because I'm lazy but also thought it was people worrying too much online and it getting blown out of proportion.
Thanks again.

--- End quote ---

So did you go with the Febi item in the end?

I fitted a Febi cam follower a little while ago, everything quiet and working as it should - I've not opened it back up again to check though.  I've never had a problem with a Febi part myself, good quality usually.

mjmallia:
I just put an INA one for £20 as I could not get one from TPS or the Hitachi version. Looked like good quality the INA

lazy:

--- Quote from: dennis10 on August 20, 2024, 11:42:59 am ---
--- Quote from: lazy on August 16, 2024, 07:12:23 am ---Also I'd like to thank everyone on here who told me me to do it because I was going to put it off until 100k miles, mainly because I'm lazy but also thought it was people worrying too much online and it getting blown out of proportion.
Thanks again.

--- End quote ---

So did you go with the Febi item in the end?

I fitted a Febi cam follower a little while ago, everything quiet and working as it should - I've not opened it back up again to check though.  I've never had a problem with a Febi part myself, good quality usually.

--- End quote ---

Ye I'd already put the Febi one in and put it all back together in the night. Then the next day I zoomed in on the photo and realised I'd been sent a Febi one instead of INA. To be fair it looked better quality than the other one I'd received which was supposed to be INA.
I've also used Febi parts on vans in the past and never had issues they do always seem like good quality parts.

lazy:

--- Quote from: mjmallia on August 20, 2024, 12:17:28 pm ---I just put an INA one for £20 as I could not get one from TPS or the Hitachi version. Looked like good quality the INA

--- End quote ---
Did your INA cam follower have any markings on to say who the manufacturer was or was it just plain.
What company did you order yours from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version