Make a donation

Author Topic: Clubsport S discs with MK6R / MK5 R32 calipers (and weight difference)  (Read 464 times)

Offline vishmr2

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Have been looking for a clear answer to this but can't find one. I've managed to acquire MK6R calipers (i.e. same as the R32) for my ED30 off a mate who's upgrading his brakes. Conscious of the weight increase, I was thinking of going with 340mm TTS size discs rather than the usual 345s.

Just wondered if anyone had fitted Clubsport S discs to their MK5 with the 6R/R32 calipers - any issues with them fitting? Are they a worthwhile upgrade even without R calipers?

And do you know if there's a noticeable weight difference between those and regular Brembos/MTECs etc.

Pic of the car is below (just had sills and a blow over!) It won't be getting tracked - but still wouldn't mind decent "lightweight" discs

Cheers

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Clubsport S discs aren't 'light' but the steel quality of the rotor is much better than the regular discs, plus the alloy bell will resist warping.

I used them with 340mm GTI PP/Cupra R/S3 calipers, not the R32/6R 345mm calipers and it was a good setup, apart from the top of the pedal feeling softer than stock.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D