Make a donation

Author Topic: Recommendations for Cleaning Products  (Read 1847 times)

Offline lazy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Recommendations for Cleaning Products
« on: August 21, 2024, 07:23:19 pm »
I'm looking for the products people have found to do the best job of cleaning inside and out and also what waxes or polishes you use, and any special tools, brushes and clothes work best.
Also any tips for cleaning the grille, the way I've been doing it is just with a soapy cloth and my finger, and it's a right pain.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Re: Recommendations for Cleaning Products
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2024, 05:04:02 pm »
For the interior plastics I use 303 Aerospace protectant.

For engine plastics and wiper cowlings, coolant hoses etc I use Meguiars endurance tyre gel.

For rubber parts (door seals etc) I use Fuchs Carbaflo KSP 105 anti-creak lubricant.

For the exterior I clay bar twice a year and use 303 Graphene nano spray, or Collinite 476S wax, depending on how lazy I'm feeling.

I don't machine polish as it abrades the clear coat off too much for my liking if done too often.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline lazy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Recommendations for Cleaning Products
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2024, 09:16:19 am »
Thanks. I've already ordered 303 protectant haven't had a chance to use it yet, I always hated those silicone dash sprays so never used to use anything on the interior. I will order some of the Meguires and Fuchs and try them out. I thought about clay barring but changed my mind. I'm going to hand polish it and I saw a professional detailer on YouTube recommend Autoglym ceramic spray so I think I'll give that a go.