Make a donation

Author Topic: None starting ☹️  (Read 47 times)

Offline platty84

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • https://flic.kr/p/2qhpbfa
    • Email
None starting ☹️
« on: Yesterday at 02:13:20 pm »
Hi folks, long timer lurker and unfortunately first post is because of a starting issue  :sick: so my beloved golf of 8ish years started intermittent starting as in turn the key and get just a click from engine bay, try again, click, try again boom started and then carried on like normal for few days then same thing happened again, i was advised most likely the starter motor giving up / not engaging so replaced the started motor (none gen) and thats been fine over a month….until today when i’ve come away for a few days with the mrs and back to just a click when i turn the key, thankfully i was parked on a hill so managed to jump start her drove back for half hour and parked her back on a hill when we got back to where were staying i then tried her again but still just a click, do you think this could just be down to a faulty none gen starter giving up already or a solenoid or ??? Any ideas? Thanks for reading people sorry for the long post  :innocent:

Offline ZoliWorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
Re: None starting ☹️
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:57:27 pm »
I've had something similar when my battery was dying and also when I forgot to tighten down my positive battery terminal. See if you can get someone to test the battery health. Anything with 60% or lower should be replaced.
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI BWA | Manual | Mk6 GTI Front | BorgWarner K04 Turbo | Sachs X-Tend OEM+ Clutch Kit | Ta-Technix Air Intake | Ta-Technix 200 Cell Downpipe | Ta-Technix Intercooler | Stock Injectors | Vis Motorsport 175 bar HPFP | 300hp