Make a donation

Author Topic: Mandy's Rising Blue Golf R...  (Read 148322 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Mandy's Reflex Silver Ed30...
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2012, 12:34:14 am »
^^^^
Have you used them much yet, Mandy? You like them in use?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Saintsteve

« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2012, 07:00:07 am »
They look like a Blind mans set white sticks  :signLOL:

Let's hope Robin she now see's them and remembers her DSG can shift gear manually rather than automatically  

:evilgrin:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »
They look like a Blind mans set white sticks  :signLOL:

Let's hope Robin she now see's them and remembers her DSG can shift gear manually rather than automatically  

:evilgrin:

... Coming from the man who thought it was a good look to have mankini stripes on his car bonnet... :grin: :signLOL:

(Glad you got rid of them lol.)

I have only used the paddles for a short while today and yesterday, does make them slightly easier to reach I suppose, still not sure if I like the look of them though.

Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2012, 02:52:50 pm »
Are paddle extensions only compulsory if you have small, effeminate hands?  :grin:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2012, 11:10:58 am »
Had a coil pack fail on me the other day as I was joining the motorway :scared:, had the car scanned (thanks Steve :happy2:) and the fault was found on cylinder 3. I have replaced the coil pack and car is fine again, also I have noticed a slight increase in mpg, or I think so anyway :chicken:. I'm not sure whether to replace all of the other 3 too as the car has done just under 49k miles now so they'll be a bit on the old side.

Also, came across my old golf for sale on Autotrader, still looks in good shape. :grin:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201234482504197/sort/default/usedcars/
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2012, 11:30:57 am »
Have you got used to using those paddle shifters yet Mandy?

First mod I did to my .: R after having them in the Ed30 and Polo. Do you find yourself using manual mode much more?

Liking the stance since the lowering springs were put on too. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=112hgn940t5l4cs439br1s8r5f&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2012, 12:51:44 pm »
Ahh good old VW coilpacks... made from tin.  :signLOL:

Hurdy... I seem to use manual virtually all the time since getting the paddle extensions.  :driver:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #232 on: September 05, 2012, 02:27:43 pm »

Had a coil pack fail on me the other day as I was joining the motorway :scared:, had the car scanned (thanks Steve :happy2:) and the fault was found on cylinder 3. I have replaced the coil pack and car is fine again, also I have noticed a slight increase in mpg, or I think so anyway :chicken:. I'm not sure whether to replace all of the other 3 too as the car has done just under 49k miles now so they'll be a bit on the old side.

....Mandy, do you know about VW replacing any coilpacks which are prior to a particular revision free of charge? They'll even inspect their revision # for you FOC.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Saintsteve

« Reply #233 on: September 05, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

....Mandy, do you know about VW replacing any coilpacks which are prior to a particular revision free of charge? They'll even inspect their revision # for you FOC.

Her car is just outside the FOC coil pack recall robin.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2012, 08:36:16 pm »
Mandy, just to keep up, I've ordered some coilpacks too...  :P

Though I've gone red... ;)

Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #235 on: September 06, 2012, 07:19:03 pm »
Have you got used to using those paddle shifters yet Mandy?

First mod I did to my .: R after having them in the Ed30 and Polo. Do you find yourself using manual mode much more?

Liking the stance since the lowering springs were put on too. :smiley:

Thanks John, I do like the paddles but I still find I stay in D more than manual mode, still can't break that habit lol... :ashamed:

Yes Robin, I am aware of the 'campaign' but it only affects cars up to around March 07, I checked the part number on the coil pack that I removed and it was one of the ones that weren't affected. Carl has kindly offered me some coil packs that he's not using so I might as well replace the rest of them if I can. :smiley:

Mandy, just to keep up, I've ordered some coilpacks too...  :P

Though I've gone red... ;)

Lol! Red?  :popcornsoda:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #236 on: September 06, 2012, 07:36:15 pm »
The more you use the paddles the better the car feels to drive and the more you find yourself using them. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2012, 08:37:37 am »

The more you use the paddles the better the car feels to drive and the more you find yourself using them. :happy2:

.... x 2

And especially with paddle extensions. You have no acceptable excuses, Mandy!  :grin: When you do start using them you'll wish you did so much earlier - I 'delayed' using my paddle shifters - The only up-side is that I got to know D and S modes very well.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »
My new bank card  :laugh:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2012, 04:50:14 pm »
I went to JKM today to have the Revo software update (Stage 2). There wasn't anything wrong with the old map but I thought I might aswell go for the update as I wanted to try the linear throttle map too...

I had a power run before the update and another one after the update. It made 6.2hp less after but I'm not too worried about that, I doubt I'd notice that on the road anyway. I'm really glad I chose the linear throttle map, feels like I am in control of the power delivery a lot more compared to before, definitely feels more progressive.

Settings went from B6 T3 F8 to B8 T3 F8. Jim said he could've probably upped the boost to 9 but suggested B8 is fine.

:smiley: