Make a donation

Author Topic: My new seats gentlemen!  (Read 10998 times)

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
Re: My new seats gentlemen!
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 09:18:29 pm »
lovely seats pal :smiley:

that centre armrest lid's looking a bit tired, I know where there is 1 for a drink and the postage :happy2:
Cheers gaz, pm details fella :happy2:

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 09:56:38 pm »
They look the bollocks Mark..............jammy git!  :drool: :drool:
Cheers Tom, I love em. I was very lucky to get them as it now transpires the guy selling them was playing games and taking money off people and then not giving it back!!!

Is that right??? Glad I backed out when I did now, the guy sounded very legit on the phone, just goes to show you though.

Also, looking at the pics, the plastic rear part of the seats does not look properly attached, is that the normal, or is it just the photo's?

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 10:05:11 pm »
 :drool:  Awesome seats, they look great mark   :happy2:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 11:00:02 pm »
They look the bollocks Mark..............jammy git!  :drool: :drool:
Cheers Tom, I love em. I was very lucky to get them as it now transpires the guy selling them was playing games and taking money off people and then not giving it back!!!

Is that right??? Glad I backed out when I did now, the guy sounded very legit on the phone, just goes to show you though.

Also, looking at the pics, the plastic rear part of the seats does not look properly attached, is that the normal, or is it just the photo's?
Yeah unfortunately someone from this very forum is out of pocket, I hope he is able to get his money back! :sad1:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 12:05:48 am »

....You're referring to the pic of mine. The upholstered side tends to come away every few months - It's a known fault. Just tuck it back in. Mine hasn't needed tucking for a long while now.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hibs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 01:08:25 am »
I am that very person out of pocket. £200.00 out of pocket. Went to see these a few hrs before mark did but didn't fancy them. Paid a deposit via bank transfer (looking back a dumb ass move I know but really thought I would want them) but cause of me meeting him on his lunch break I wasted his time so refused to return the deposit.

Ever dog has his day. Not bothered if it takes a wk or a yr I'll get the f*cker back! It's getting mugged off that's bothered me not the money. Looks like he needs it more than me the scruffy ****!!!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 07:35:15 am »
looking nice pal, is the grey lighter than on the rear seats and trim or is that just the pics ?

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 09:09:03 am »
I am that very person out of pocket. £200.00 out of pocket. Went to see these a few hrs before mark did but didn't fancy them. Paid a deposit via bank transfer (looking back a dumb ass move I know but really thought I would want them) but cause of me meeting him on his lunch break I wasted his time so refused to return the deposit.

Ever dog has his day. Not bothered if it takes a wk or a yr I'll get the f*cker back! It's getting mugged off that's bothered me not the money. Looks like he needs it more than me the scruffy ****!!!

Kinda the point of a deposit is it not, i suppose it will depend on the circumstances under which you paid the deposit.

It really boils my p1ss when people mess me about on for sale stuff TBH, and its happens all the bl00dy time.......i had one guy after a set of seats who was on his way to collect them 5 times, the last time he had just left the house and was gonna be with me in 5 hrs, that was 6 months ago... hope hes ok  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 09:34:31 am »

Kinda the point of a deposit is it not, i suppose it will depend on the circumstances under which you paid the deposit.

It really boils my p1ss when people mess me about on for sale stuff TBH, and its happens all the bl00dy time.......i had one guy after a set of seats who was on his way to collect them 5 times, the last time he had just left the house and was gonna be with me in 5 hrs, that was 6 months ago... hope hes ok  :signLOL:

....Illustrating I suppose that there are always two sides to every story. I can see both sides, however..

The seller has been a real sh!t by keeping as much as £200. He should have contacted the buyer and suggested keeping say £50 to cover his inconvenience and returned the rest.

There is such a thing as behaving honourably and being a gentleman. Screwing people to the max deserves retribution and he will get his come uppance somewhere further down the line. If he tried that on me he'd get a visit, but not from me but someone he wasn't expecting. [/anger]

Marky, you'll soon forget the money you spent and you won't stop enjoying those Recaro's, especially when spirited driving.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hibs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 09:40:57 am »
I Got in my car 5 minutes after speaking to the bloke and drove over 200 miles to meet him. His version of "totally mint condition" is different to mine so I decided not to buy them. After a heated dicussion we made a gentlemens agreement that if he sold the seats over the weekend the money would be returned. He sold them hrs later obviously but still decided to fob me off.

I agree it it can be a pain when you're trying to sell something and you get pissed about but in this incident that's far from the case!

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2010, 10:04:48 am »
The seller has been a real sh!t by keeping as much as £200. He should have contacted the buyer and suggested keeping say £50 to cover his inconvenience and returned the rest.

There is such a thing as behaving honourably and being a gentleman. Screwing people to the max deserves retribution and he will get his come uppance somewhere further down the line. If he tried that on me he'd get a visit, but not from me but someone he wasn't expecting.

In my situation with the guy not turning up 5 times he could whistle for ever penny of his deposit, sadly in that situation i took guy for his word and didnt have a deposit or i would have got a great sense of satisfaction from telling him to p1ss off. Ive many examples of being messed around recently it seems to be getting worse if im honest.

I agree hibs u got a bum deal in this situation however, hope u get ur money, as much as its annoying £200 aint worth the grief put it down to a learning experience and move on mate. 

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2010, 10:21:01 am »

If its a bank transfer then your only bet is the police, (I am having to go through this at the moment due to buying a £350 iPhone) Imagine my embarassment having to be over the other side of the help desk to report a crime.
Hope you get your cash back dude. £200 deposit should go back to you in fairness though as the item was not as described!

Offline Hibs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2010, 10:21:52 am »
You're right mate it's a learning experience!

In a way I'm glad it happenend to me as I'm in a position to lose £200 pound and not be affected by it.

I'm also glad Mark bought these in the end too as he paid a despoit the day before me. Could have been him out of pocket!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2010, 10:22:25 am »
^^^^
The worst aspect of such goings on is that Trust is seriously eroded and conditions behaviour in people to believe that no-one is to be trusted. Mistrust breeds mistrust.

All people actually have to do is be honest and open and communicate - Simples!

Anyway, nuff said - Let's enjoy Marky's joy in his new seats.