Make a donation

Author Topic: REVO Stage 2  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
REVO Stage 2
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:41:17 pm »
Ok so I've got REVO stage 1 software at the moment, and recently added full TBE Milltek and a Dbilas intake, which have both made a difference after adding to the basic stage 1, easpecially the TBE.

Anyway what sort of difference am I going to notice just upgrading the software to stage 2 on top of this?

I know its only £50 but I don't want to spend it if theres no need - anyone made this upgrade?
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: REVO Stage 2
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:23:52 pm »
just get the pump and go 2+

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 03:24:19 pm »
im shark performance not revo

however my car is now on stage 1 after previously being stage 3, then as mods were removed downgraded to stage 2 and then woith all mods on i went back to stage 1.

the thing i noticed is from low revs the stage 1 pulls like a horse but tails off extremely quickly in comparison to stage 2 and especially stage 3(revo stage 2+).

the way i see it, the stage 1 gives you the feeling that your car is fast with its initial surge, however the stage 2 spreads that torque out over an even wider power band, meaning the car doesnt feel as quick initially however it is way more progressive and the torque doesnt tail off like stage 1 either so the car pulls stronger and for longer.

100% worth the 50 quid extra

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 10:01:55 pm »
i went for stage2 as i didntr wanna spend out for a fuel pump, yet neway.. i RRed at 350hp\260lbft. stage1 was abit over 300,
defo worth £50

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:04:57 pm »
For me the stage 2 map was so much better, far better and easier to apply the power, the power is very linear on stage 2 rather than a big wallop.  :happy2:

Best £50 squid spent so far.  :smiley:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:05:20 pm »
i went for stage2 as i didntr wanna spend out for a fuel pump, yet neway.. i RRed at 350hp\260lbft. stage1 was abit over 300,
defo worth £50

what remap is that and what rolling road was that, Hp is way up on what a stage 2 would put out, and torque is mega low for what you would expect.  

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 10:09:38 pm »
oops typo.

it was at amd essex.

its not way out on what others with the same kind of setup are seeing with the blueflame exhaust, i assume that 3" pipe really helps.

it was 360lbft and 348hp (give or take a bit obviously) the graph is in my build thread

Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline SteveS

• Thank You

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 10:15:13 pm »
I think a couple of comments on here have sold me, not for the headline figures but more for the power delivery. I could have had it done when the milltek went on but wanted to appreciate each mod one at a time.

As for the fuel pump well the car is fast enough now. Not having driven it more than 20 miles in the last 2 weeks I haven't really had a chance to enjoy it. Better get out soon while the weather still dry I suppose. :party:

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »
As already said stage 2 is smooth and progressive, a nice map  :happy2:

350bhp is a bit  :embarrassed: in my opinion though, I wouldnt expect to see that ...
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 10:40:28 pm »
Don't want to get involved in BHP claims I've resisted to date not to put the car on the rollers yet as I could probably get anywhere between 280 -350 depending on which one you believe. Although I am tempted purely to see if the cars is running right :evilgrin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 10:54:00 pm »
the best way to compare cars is either to do a RR day to compare in gear acceleration times. 
it was at amd essex.
its not way out on what others with the same kind of setup are seeing with the blueflame exhaust, i assume that 3" pipe really helps.
it was 360lbft and 348hp (give or take a bit obviously) the graph is in my build thread

that is comparable to other stage 2 k04 cars that have been on AMDs rollers so i wouldnt worry about it, as long as you continue to use their rollers for future runs, cos if you use DD rollers you might lose quite a few of those HP/Ibft figures :happy2:

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 10:56:06 pm »
Go stage 2+ then come take me for a spin :driver:

If you wana take it on the rollers go to got boost in Llandow he is a REVO dealer aswell :happy2: He has remapped both of my golfs now and he gets my thumbs up :happy2:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84