Make a donation

Author Topic: A detailer spray that removes tree sap...?  (Read 5963 times)

Offline gazjones

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Design portfolio
    • Email
A detailer spray that removes tree sap...?
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:50:34 pm »
Just wondered if anyone knew of one that existed? I have to park under trees at work and my car is covered today (only washed it last night!) and wondered if there was any detailer spray I could go over the car with rather than having to keep washing it off? Or could this damage the paint in some way?

Any advice would be appreciated  :happy2:

Offline Hibs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: A detailer spray that removes tree sap...?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:23:58 am »
Good question!!

I have this problem all the time. Makes the car look minging when covered in the stuff.

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:22:19 am »
Other than ensuring your car is adequately protected with wax, not sure if there's anything that can be done about it.

I used armourall bird wipes and it leaves a mess after cleaning

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:57:05 am »
Cut the tree down, that's what I did! True story!massive cooker covering all my drive!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 08:40:16 am »
Cut the tree down, that's what I did! True story!massive cooker covering all my drive!
:signLOL: thats what i did as well

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 08:58:01 am »
p1sser if its not your tree however and actually illegal in some cases.

If you know a tree surgeon he could give you some friendly advice along with a big ass syringe. Then armed with your syringe u just need to camouflage your ass up wait till its dark, slip undetected into the area where the tree is then stick tree which will prompt death by natural causes. Of course the obtrusive woman who owns the tree may well throw about accusations that you were directly involved and one afternoon you may even get a visit from the polce but you stick to your story and deny all knowledge.  True Story  :innocent:

Offline gazjones

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Design portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 09:19:12 am »

:signLOL:

If it didn't belong to my boss I would

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 11:08:48 am »
p1sser if its not your tree however and actually illegal in some cases.

If you know a tree surgeon he could give you some friendly advice along with a big ass syringe. Then armed with your syringe u just need to camouflage your ass up wait till its dark, slip undetected into the area where the tree is then stick tree which will prompt death by natural causes. Of course the obtrusive woman who owns the tree may well throw about accusations that you were directly involved and one afternoon you may even get a visit from the polce but you stick to your story and deny all knowledge.  True Story  :innocent:
I thought the law was even if it's someone elses tree, you are allowed to cut off any parts that overhang into your property? I've done that before with a neighbours tree.
Get the ladders out and a big saw and start hacking  :grin:

Offline Hibs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 04:12:51 pm »
If that's the case think I'll be hacking down 3/4 of a tree then. It's a right pain the the summer with the tree sap!!!

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 03:05:51 pm »
Ive got this problem with a massive oak out the front of my property, the tree is just outside my boundry and has been trimmed a few times by the local council however i complained again at the end of last year and some jumped up pri*k from the council proceded to tell me it was my tree and that he had just put a preservation order on it...wa*ker!!

I am in the process of taking this matter further!!

It clearly is not in my boundry and even if it was now im not allowed to touch it without there permission.... I hate trees... and yes i know i shouldnt of bought the house...but i did get a soliciters letter saying i dont own it and it was the local highways responsibiliy...I can see this going to court one way or another!!

Any tree surgeons who fancy giving me the recipe for the syringe....allegedly of course!!!

Offline alex_chung

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 08:18:50 pm »
Detailer Spray will not remove tree sap by itself alone. You would need to clay the car as well to remove the contaminates from the body work.
Alex

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 08:26:40 pm »
Diesel Golfman but you'd be a braver man than me doing that to a big ol oak tree.

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 09:15:02 pm »

Any tree surgeons who fancy giving me the recipe for the syringe....allegedly of course!!!

Stick a ski mask on and cut it down one day, then deny all knowledge. Better still get a council jacket on and get a mate to take a few pics of u in action then contact the P*ick in council telling him your taking them to court for killing YOUR tree.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 09:53:06 pm »
trees are kept alive by bark. its what transfers water and feeds the tree.  a 2-3 inch ring of bark removed near the base will starve the tree and kill it causing preservation orders to defunkt.

Copper also poisons trees, copper nails hammered deep into the tree to the point they disappear will also cause the death of a tree, the bigger the tree the more nails required, defunkting protection clauses

protected tree's are only protected via a fine if cut, the fine is rarely more that £50-£200 for the felling of said tree depending on its size

all this is mere internet waffle from a cherry shaped forumite that is a happy tree huggin vegetarian ma'lud

... who no longer suffers with over hanging trees on his drive (except a cool looking oak at the end)

... as for detailing spray... no idea  :grin:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:43 pm »
Are you sure it's the bark mr cherry? I distinctly recall learning about xylem and phloem and how the latter was close to the edge of the bark so if you made a cut about two inches deep into the tree all the way round, it would die. I do recall the copper nails thing too.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.